Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Wanted: Service I need a BlueQuartz/OS Server Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a server I use to host a handful of domains, but unfortunately the company I lease the box from doesn't have qualified staff in their Tech Support department to provide assistance.

I'm getting mass attacks (over 25,000 yesterday) of attempted server hacking (do I need need denyhosts?) and the logs are taking up all my freespace (need removal?) and I need the wordpress software upgrade (2.3.2 to 2.5) and a few other minor items.

I'm looking for someone who knows BlueQuartz intimately and can work with me on an hourly basis when I need assistance every so often.

Please PM me.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow.. if you're getting that many attacks you might already be owned. I do not profess to know Bluequartz, had never heard of it till now. Did a lookup on it though, and are you sure it's not actually centos with a bluequartz gui admin tool? Or perhaps a cobalt raq? If it's just centos (a repackaged rhel), a lot of people could help you, including myself.

Seems to me that if they're leasing you the box, and can't provide support, it may be wise to move the domains elsewhere, or have them provide you a different box that they CAN support..

As I read on, this looks really interesting.. Essentially a linux distro with the configuration of an appliance.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
are you sure it's not actually centos with a bluequartz gui admin tool? Or perhaps a cobalt raq?

I believe you're right. I never spent much time with Linux/Unix/whatever. I'm an old DOS and Windows guy. I think it is on a Raq 550 as well but am not sure.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What I'm after is someone who can take a look, make a few fixes, and that I can compensate for their expertise since I'm not likely to learn this stuff in the near future.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
This is where you will seek advice and/or paid services for server security tightening.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And I do appreciate it!

========================

South was able to help me. Thanks, South!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom