Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

I need domain lease contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Have anyone lease out domain before? I need a domain lease for one of my domain. There are a few things I would like to add is the terms of the lease and the leaseholder's right to purchase the domain within certain time.

Anything thing else I need to watch out for such as avoiding the leaseholder to abuse my domain?

Thanks.

Domain Days 2024

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the domain is undeveloped, abuse issues are easy to deal with; simply stop them.

Lease deals for domains that derive some of their underlying value from current / past development are risky because merely stopping the abuse may not be sufficient; its value may be greatly damaged even after the abuse has ceased.

If the domain is undeveloped, a lease to own agreement in which the leaseholder pays $X per month or whatever will work fine.

However, if the domain is developed, consider requiring a significant upfront payment ...

Ie. require say 30% to 60% of the domain's value (what you feel it's worth) upfront and then monthly payments afterwards much like in any ordinary lease.

Requiring a large chunk of cash upfront will encourage the leaseholder to think very carefully before doing things, and for the domain owner, it's a good hedge if irrepairable damage from abuse results; the leaseholder later reneges on the lease agreement by not paying, etc.

On a related note, one generally should not change the domain registrant / admin email to the leaseholder until after all payments have been made ...

If the leaseholder insists on domain transfer / admin email change before-hand, then I'd suggest requiring a personal guarantee by the person(s) representing the leaseholder; make sure they have assets to go after should that become necessary - this is less of a concern, if you require a large upfront deposit, as I suggest above.

Hope this helps.

Ron

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What I will do is to point the dns to where they want only. The owner of the domain will still be me. They will pay me up front for 12 months of leasing a domain. And they will have the option to purchase it for x dollar within 12 months.

I did however warned that if they abuse my domain or got my domain banned from google, they must either stop using the domain (no refund) or they can purchase the name immediately.

That domain isn't an high price domain, that's why I will let it lease out. All I need now is a contract which will protect me and my property which in this case, my domain.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom