Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

I need some direction!

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kingdon

Well I have a few web sites that I have been running for some time now. I know some of you guys would hold your nose when going through my sites, and I know I have to update them. So what I'm looking for is to find a good learning site, or cheap software that will create a nice looking website that doesn't take 2 minutes to load on a 56K. bye bye for now.

Don

spietreser

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Frontpage would make a nice start. But as soon as you know a little bit of HTML then use Dreamweaver or notepad. A graphics program would also help you a lot with the looks of the site (paint shop pro is not too expensive and great software). Of course optimizing images is needed to bring down the download time. Learn how to do stylesheets (that helps alot with how the website is perceived. Also look at the source of websites alot to see how they do it (pc: right-click > view source, mac: ??).

By the way, I downloaded some of your songs and I think they're really great! Didn't know we had so much musical talent in the forum... I also play some intruments (drum, guitar, bass, keys) :D I'd like to hear what equipment you play on.

Keep on rocking!

...spietreser...

I

interactive

DreamWeaver would probly be the best for you it sounds like.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Frontpage totally sucks, expecially if you ever need to incorporate the HTML into CGI.

Dreamweaver is a lot better.

-Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom