Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

I never make a dime in Afternic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Days 2024

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Afternic is good only for sell one word dictionary .com

Delton77

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I haven't sold a single domain name with either and yet I watch crazy names sell all the time that just make no sense at all.

adamatnamemedia

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Shoot me a PM with your usernames. We're happy to review your listings and see if we can offer some help.

Thanks,
Adam
agross (a) namemedia.com

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I haven't sold a single domain name with either and yet I watch crazy names sell all the time that just make no sense at all.

It's mostly due to luck and the law of averages.

The often not so great names which are in DNJ for high prices sell because it is often an end-user who wanted the name badly (for whatever reason) and made a substantial offer, far more than what domainers would value it at (and no doubt never even asked about traffic stats).

Let us assume (I don't recall the actual numbers) say 1% of the domains sell each year (high priced ones often to end-users). If there are say 10 million for sale it means you will see 100,000 sales with a number of them reflected in DNJ based in the law of averages.

Let us also assume you have a portfolio of say 1,000 names. Assuming 1% on average sell per year it means your sales would be 10 domains, and 990 did not sell, which makes you wonder how sales could be so bad!

Marketing of your domains will rarely if ever better the averages except maybe help domainers flipping on forums or mostly low-end sales to other domainers.

Last edited:

rebirth

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Exactly my point.

trader said:
Marketing of your domains will rarely if ever better the averages except maybe help domainers flipping on forums or mostly low-end sales to other domainers.

Exactly my point.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have made only 3 sales there, but 2 were quite lucrative (profit in $x,xxx range). Just closed an LLL.com sale there; it should appear in DNJournal listings soon. (I've made 10 times as many sales at Sedo, but most were in a very low price range.)

MacyT.

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I see so many non-premium names listed on DNJournal sold on Afternic...that it really makes me wonder. Until it's more transparent, I take the sales claims with a grain of salt.

I don't care who jumps down my throat - there are just too many run of the mill, 3 keyword names selling for low to mid x,xxx - (that when typed in, go to nada months later). Between what I see for sale on the forums and the private sales I am aware of - I simply don't believe all those sales are legit. I'm not saying Afternic is making them up out of thin air...maybe it's just domainers scratching each other's backs...making the domaining world go round. I don't know what exactly is going on, but I know there's more to it. :undecided:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom