Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

I registered my domain for way too long!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin Hulsey

Those Damn Hippies
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I accidentally registered a domain at godaddy about 4 days ago for 5 years and got a mega bill. DCG or GoDaddy, is there any way I can get a refund for 4 years or is there type of thing non-reversable?

Anyone else's comment on maybe who to contact at GoDaddy about this or if its even possible please post. Thanks guys!

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Be happy, your domain is secured for 5 years! Some days ago I renewed two important domains until 2018.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your account rep may be able to do something about it if it has been less than 5 days...

Area52

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I accidentally registered a domain at godaddy about 4 days ago for 5 years and got a mega bill. DCG or GoDaddy, is there any way I can get a refund for 4 years or is there type of thing non-reversable?

Anyone else's comment on maybe who to contact at GoDaddy about this or if its even possible please post. Thanks guys!
Danica sends her love!!!

jsu1995

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, GoDaddy tries to be sneaky by quoting you the 1-year registration price, but then setting the default subscription time longer than 1-year. It used be 2-years, but they recently increased it to 5-years. You have to conciously select the 1-year choice in the pull-down menu.

I think it's a pretty crappy way to do business. It's one of the many reasons I don't use them much anymore. The only time I've used them lately is for the cheap .info names or if I have a coupon.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If its cause they automatically move the renewal to multi years , I would be mad ...
I hate that kind of sales...when you have to uncheck things to make sure you only get what you want.

hopefully it works out

:yo:

cleverlyslick

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i love using godaddy, and for the 3 years i've been with them i like their service.they're always there 24hrs (although that survey at the end of the call is pretty annoying lol) and despite that the prices are a little expensive i like it because it's an american company.i do agree jsu about conciously selecting your choices though.

my suggestion is to literally check everything you've purchased instead of scrolling right down to the buy now checkout section.all in all i personally enjoy godaddy's service for the time being.:eek:k:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom