Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

I reserve the right to cancel this sale at any time

Status
Not open for further replies.

hina

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been wondering about this.

When someone is selling some domains with BIN prices and he says,
Payment by PayPal. Post sold to claim. I reserve the right to cancel this sale at any time.

What does "the right to cancel" actually mean?

Does it mean he can ignore any "Sold" post in the thread, simply stating that the sale is already over by the time the Sold post is made? (because he reserved the right to cancel the sale at any time)

Or, is he obligated to honor the "Sold" post?
But if this is the case, what's the need for the last statement?
--> I reserve the right to cancel this sale at any time
Even without that statement, he can remove the names and cancel the sale at any time.

What do you think?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
A disclaimer is a list of mumbo-jumbo to minimize or eliminate acceptance of fault should a certain situation occur. Not sure about the legal aspects of it, but it functions as a "warning" to potential bidders/buyers about the terms set forth by the seller (some might be unreasonable in the general public's eye).

Recently I participated in a sale where the seller offered the domain, taking offers with a starting price in mind and no BIN. Forty minutes later, he ended the sale selling to the first person completely disregarding other, higher offers (we are talking about 40 minutes from the beginning of the sale till it ended!). So there is no set standard: others take PMs as offers or BIN sales, complicating the transparency of a sale.

For the most part, the "deserve the right to..." exists so that in the event of a dubious bid (new buyer, no user feedback, no posts) the seller can say their bid was invalid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom