Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

I seen a expert spinal nurosurgen and

Status
Not open for further replies.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well a little over a year ago my pain doc, did full MRI's of my neck and back. I ask him the next time I seen him how they was, he looked down and said not good it's pretty bad. I knew as much as I knew things was worst for me and I had to take time to adjust to it, he was telling me what it showed but it kind of went over my head.

I started having problems with the runs bad, and taking a leak and told my family doc about the runs. More like if I eat and drunk with in a few hours, it all come out as the runs, at first it was so bad I had to go to the ER IV and meds. To a lesser degree after that but a problem, so I told my family doc and he got me to sign papers to get my records. And wanted me to get a xray to check of blockage, and he wanted to check if the data supported the pain meds I was taking.

He called my pain doc then called me and told me, that my pain doc agreed I should see a expert. As I've been getting tagger points and injection, over a year and it was not helping. I agreed to see one and got my MRI's and report for the nurosurgen, here is what the report said about my neck....

--->>> Discussion: This is an abnormal MRI of the C-spine

1) Degenerative disc disease is noted at all levels.

2) At C4-5 there is minimal posterior disc bugle causing mainly CSF column narrowing.

3) At C5-6 level there is degenerative disc disease, posterior disc herniation. I see significant compression of the spinal column and bilateral nerve root canal stenosis.

4) At C6-7 level again there is degenerative disc disease, posterior disc protrusion to herniation also causing significant compression of the spinal column and bilateral nerve root canal stenosis.

At both these levels the narrowing of the root canal is more on the right side. There is also minimal posterior element hypertrophy noted at C5-6 and C6-7 levels. <<<-----

As you can see I made my self a copy of the report, I also found out I've been getting steroid injections into my neck spine for over a year now. The nurosurgen done new MRI's and did a exam, well it got worst in little over a year and my family doc told me out right. It's as bad as it gets and it needs to be operated on, as there is to much of a risk of becoming paralyzed.

The nurosurgen been doing this stuff for over 43 years, a grad of the 4th rated college as well so he is a top gun. I talked to him about it all, he said the family doc was right and that I could become paralyzed with out any notice. That any kind of shock could set it off, and that the damage may not be fixable at all then. And it's getting worst and at min, he would need to pull 2 disc and do a bone fusing with both.

And screw a plate over them to hold it together, then later on another disc would have to be done. He said some of my reflexes are hyper, I also found out that the runs and pi**ing to much after drinking was from it as well. But the operation, puts lots more pressure on the disc above and below the plate. The operation would take 1 to 2 days in the hospital, and 3 to 4+ months for recovery in a neck brace 24/7.

What all this means is my spinal cord nerve is being cut off by the blown discs, I fell a few times and drop stuff because of my hyper reflexes. I feel blind side in away as I have thought, I could just deal with the pain and keep pushing my self to I couldn't anymore. Then get a operation done, as all the risk would be on the up side then. It's always been about the pain for me, but now it don't even matter if it helps or hurts the pain at all.

I will not risk becoming paralyzed only a fool would do that, I go back in 3 months as I told him I want to talk it over with my pain doc. He said if I get weakness to get back there right away, my thinking is I'm no puss and now I'll deal with the operations. I just got done adjusting and started pushing my self, to get stuff done like putting in the natural gas heaters.

I'm going to try and buy some time till next fall or winter, I want to have the summer to go camping again and try to get some stuff ready, for the long down time I'm going to be facing with recovery. I may well push the doc to do 3 disc at once, I don't like facing another operation if I can help it. I'm not really scare of the operation, as I'm sure the doc knows what he is doing. I may well have damaged the spinal cord nerve, and I may have the problems of stumbling and other problems from now on though. :undecided:

Ha raider, see MMGWing done this to me. Changing weather patterns, made this kind arthritis I have much worst. Well ok it's not true, but what the heck I can't post with out having some thing about MMGWing right. :lol:

Last edited:

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sounds serious. Was this caused by some form of an injury? Hope you get well man.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
---->>> Sounds serious. Was this caused by some form of an injury? <<<----

Yes from a bad auto wreck I was in when I was young years ago, it took about 6 years after the wreck to start being noticeable even.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom