Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

I think I know the answer . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinny

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
. . .but I was wondering, because I get freaked out approaching end users so I want to be postively clear.

Let's say I own BostonPlumbing.com (the name is similar in genericness). Now I have an enduser at BostonPlumbing.net who's official name is Boston Plumbing Association.

I also have another enduser that uses BostonPlumbingMagazine.com & BostonPlumpingandRepair.com.

I think BostonPlumbing.com is generic, but I don't want to be sued or UDRP'd or anything. I should be safe in approaching them, right?

Thanks for the help (and sorry if this seems like a really stupid question).

Skinny

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did you check for trademarks on your phrase?

Skinny

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For anyone confused I've replaced the name with "Boston Plumbing". This Geo name is not in the US.

Okay there are a few TMs in the country I reside (none exist in the US.) by the Boston Plumbing Association. There TMs are:

Boston Plumbing Tendering System ACTS Trade Definitions
- Publications namely books would be associated with this trademark
- Administration and interpretation of trade definitions used in commercial building plumbing would be services associated with this trademark.

Plumbing Safety Coordinator (PSC) - Boston
Educational program for a health and safety person within a company or organization whose primary role is to develop, implement and monitor the health and safety program of workers at the workplace.

There doesn't appear to be any TM for Boston Plumbing at all or describing how it is the trademark of a plumbing company located in Boston.

Skinny

Skinny

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any advice? Much appreciated.

Thanks.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Based on the information provide, you are safe.

The best way is to put the name up for auction and email them all out about the auction.

Something like this:

I noticed you are involved in the plumbing industry in Boston and I feel your company would benefit from owning bostonplumbing.com

The name is up for auction and if you have any interest you should go here and bid on the domain name that is obviously targeted for your business.

=================
I have sold a few names this way before,

-=DCG=-

Skinny

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks DCG,

That is exactly what I was thinking of doing. Thanks for your help.

Skinny

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom