Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

I think some forget....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have even fell into this trap but some seem to want a considerable mint from us even though they know we are resalers not the actual consumers.

Maybe someone, and this is what I hope should fill them in on. We are looking to turn a profit also....

So let go of the egos, pride, greed, and outragous prices and then come at us with something.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sarcle said:
I have even fell into this trap but some seem to want a considerable mint from us even though they know we are resalers not the actual consumers.

Maybe someone, and this is what I hope should fill them in on. We are looking to turn a profit also....

So let go of the egos, pride, greed, and outragous prices and then come at us with something.

Assuming that this thread will be moved to Discussions, let me say that not all domains are created equal.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sorry, for the post in the wrong forum. Got lost and ended up here.....

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm seeing more and more that Domain Resellers are becoming Developers and feel this will only grow as we move forward. I've sold many names to resellers which they have in turn developed... yet they got it at reseller pricing...

NameWolf

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Reseller/Consumers aside, I agree that there are some outrageous pricing going on in the market in general. Developers who do not need the cash right away throw a site or a domain out there with a high price expecting someone to bite. If not sold, they keep developing it and expect for a big whale to arrive one day and swoop in for the bait. When you hold the cash and the goods you can dictate the market.

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not everyone who visits this forum are resellers ... More and more large endusers/companies are dropping by this place every day to take a look around or make requests/inquiries.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And theres always several ways to look at it. For example I drastically reduced my asking prices on a bulk purchase just the other day to make the deal. In fact was pretty much giving away inventory to get the larger sales. The buyer comes back a day later and decided to take the freebies only..lol Needless to say the deal didn't go through.

Another way to look at it is we also have to make a profit. I like to think the 6-8++ hours a day I spend researching is worth more than the $7 the buyer wants me to make on the one name I might pick up that day. I have four end-users wanting to pay reg fee right now. Personally I'm over giving breaks. We're all end-users really. Your resale price will just have to be higher than mine to make your profit. Thats just how the business world turns.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
brinkle i agree with you we are all end users now, especially with parking revenue what it is,I no this will tick a lot of people off, but why would I sell a domain that for the 8 dollar reg fee I can make 500 dollars a year on for life,for 1 or 2 yrs revenue.(maybe more if search engines pick up the name or continues to increase as ppc bids go up, or more get online it might make more) In order for me to make 500 dollars a yr I would have to have 10k in the bank at a conservative 5 percent interest rate.
I have one name that was earning 20 cents a day, its a generic travel and for some reason I have no idea why it is making 1.80 a day, why the traffic increased I dont no, but i would have sold for 500 dollars a yr ago, now i will just hold
PS: I am only reffering to generics, old web addresses should be happy to get a sale considering traffic could dry up in an instant

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have one end user that said she would give me $35 for my .com because thats what she paid for her .net. I came back with $350 and I was being generous. She came back with $150 and I told her $350 was my lowest. I waiting a week and she didn't respond so I gave in a bit more and said I would take $250 but that was my absolute bottom price no more negotiating from my end I would just seek other buyers. A few days past and she made an offer via the fabulous landing page for $1.

It will now be a cold day in hell before she prys it from my cold dead hands. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom