Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

I want to upgrade to exclusive but can't!

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveatvillas

Domain Network Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is feedback. And I apologise in advance because I am getting pretty frustrated at this point.

I have tried to upgrade to an Exclusive membership, but your PayPal implementation won't let me.

Here's what's happening.

I don't have a PayPal account, and I won't get one because here in Spain you have to go through purgatory with your bank to attach, and effectively freeze the amount you want to use, from your checking or savings account. They won't work with a Credit Card, even if it is issued by the same Spanish bank. No way.

So I sent in a support ticket, and the reply was: "don't log in and set up a PP account, just use the PayPal Credit Card facility."

OK, I tried this, with another card I have with another non-Spanish bank. I even had the guy from the credit card help desk on the phone as we tried to do it. When I tried the transaction, all he could see was a hit for $1 come through (which I want back)... and on my end I got an error message from Pay Pal saying that I have exceeded my limit and the transaction was denied. I haven't exceeded my limit. My bank's help desk couldn't explain this. He also tells me that they have a lot of problems with PayPal.

Adam et al: Here I am, I want to upgrade, I want to give you money and I can't.

I own and operate a network of over 6,000+ eCommerce websites, and I offer my customers a choice of 60+ different payment gateways for credit card processing, FREE...because PayPal sucks.

What is the big deal for you to add a payment gateway? Surely you can afford the SSL certificate and the 1.9% transaction fee....can't you?

Yeah, PayPal is free...but you get what you pay for. It's free because you are giving them all of your sales and marketing data to use as they wish.

Thanks, and hoping you have a solution to take my money and give me the upgrade.

Steve

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Paypal for sure is sometime a big spoiler!!
Although good sometime, but my personal experience was such a major No No that i was suspended from one forum for not been able to pay as it showed "You have exceeded your Limit".

Existing and established websites should have payment gateways ! for sure!

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What other methods do you use to send payments?

Last edited:

steveatvillas

Domain Network Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jdk, that is really very kind of you and greatly appreciated... but I'm gonna have the same jam when it comes to paying you in real bucks for the DNF bucks!

As to PayPal, most folks in the eCommerce world don't really think too far into why it is a free service... Have you any idea what all that marketing data is worth??? And, I'm not talking about Credit Card numbers, Names and Addresses. I'm talking about what people buy, when they buy it, how often. I gotta tell you, this is pure gold.

And this is why I don't use any of the free payment services. Why should I, or my eCommerce partners, bust our asses to mount businesses only to give away this invaluable information from our toil? It's worth far more than the 1.9% CC transaction fee.

But, hey, I'm just ranting. What I really want to do is upgrade to Exclusive!!!

Steve

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'll get a workaround.

-=DCG=-

steveatvillas

Domain Network Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Adam.....

I can always use my Good as Gold account, hehe.

Best,

Steve

I

impactadmin

Hey Steve,

I apologize for the inconvenience. We will look towards implementing another payment option for members who cannot use Paypal.

I have just sent you a pm with requesting some information so I can get this going for you asap.

Thanks for your patience!
Huseyin,

steveatvillas

Domain Network Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, and for the PM. I'm sure we in Euro-land and possibly ROW (Rest Of World), who have similar problems in our home countries, will appreciate an additional pmt option.

Kudos.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom