Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

I was Almost Killed on Thursday; Rear-Ended by an 18-Wheel Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow....there isnt a whole lot left to say after reading that

I am very glad you and your wife made it through okay, I know you are a very giving member of this community. I guess this teaches us all we should cherish the time we spend on Earth, because in a flash it could be all over.

fini

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
amazing story, glad to hear that you and you're wife are OK...

fini

stevo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Kevin
Thanks for sharing... Perhaps we all can take a lesson from your experience and your reaction to it.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh ... sorry to hear that but yes it's nice that you and your wife are fine now. I was once broadsided (passenger side, and no passenger then) by a tractor trailer too. The guy was half asleep and didn't notice my car at all. That incident also led me to think about life and what I should do about it, esp. when it was actually a minor decision that morning (whether to turn left or right at an earlier crossroad, both leading to my workplace) that could alter the whole thing.

Thanks for the sharing, and I'm sure you are to make the best with this. :)

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Woah man.....very very happy that you & your wife are ok :)

andyat11

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Amazing things can happen thats all I have to say -Didnt leave out any detail
Well at least to excaped death. NOW YOU CAN LAUGH IF YOU WANT
Anyways did the guy get charged or anything and was he drunk or something

I mean cheated death

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Miracles do happen. When they happen to you, it's definitely time to put things into perspective and figure out why you are here. It sounds like you are here to help people, which is a very noble thing Kevin.

btw: This is no lie. I was on my way home last night from a night out for dinner with my wife. We always take the same route home... I-85 to 34 to 12th st. I-85 is called the "death highway" around here because it has taken so many lives over the years. It's a busy two lane highway that should have been made into a 4-lane years ago. They are now finally get around to adding lanes. Anyways, we were on I-85 heading northbound when we came upon a vehicle which slowed quickly and was planning on making a left turn onto a dirt road. I slowed, and was coming to a stop, when my wife screamed to me to gun it around the guy onto the shoulder as there was a oncoming 18 wheeler who didn't appear that he was going to stop. He didn't. He barely missed the guy turning left, and would have almost surely rear-ended us if my wife hadn't looked in the rear-view mirrors. MORAL of the story: Do not trust truck drivers!! Period!

lz83ny

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you're safe and sound

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How truly incredible and awe-inspiring, Kevin. Thank you for sharing each harrowing detail with us. I for one am going to put myself personally in your shoes. Each and every one of us should put ourselves in Kevin's shoes, and realize that today could be out last.

It was just months ago we all read of the hundreds of thousands of lives quickly extinguished in southeast Asia, but to many these lives were distant, and without faces. Then we marvelled and rejoiced with Kevin of his acquisition of tsunamis.com and the selfless way he is using this site (and others) to benefit society. When I visited your tsunamis.com website last month, I was in awe at the faces -- the loss -- the distinct sorrow felt by each life torn by this tragedy. Now, were it not for divine intervention, we could be reading that Kevin -- one of our very own -- had been killed in a horrific and preventable accident.

Each of us should take a few moments to rejoice with Kevin once again for his preserved life and safety -- and to thank God for each breath we have received from him to date. And to commit that our very next moments will be used in a way to best convey our love for each other. We truly are not guaranteed our next breath, and I for one will do everything I can to ensure that the few I have remaining will be used to uplift my fellow man and glorify God.

Thanks again, Kevin, for sharing and for continuing to make a difference in this world.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Very intense story. I am glad you are safe and sound.

NameWolf

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very glad to hear that you and your wife are well and doing ok after an incident such as this. It was indeed a very good idea to open up and share your thoughts and feelings with other DNF members. After all thats' what families and communities are all about. Sticking together and supporting each other. When the going gets tough, the tough gets GOING...

petertdavis

Don't be afraid to see...
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm happy you're able to post about it. I'd favor some prison time for that driver, whether or not he was drunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom