Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

i was having a year off until ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was having a year out of the domains until i got whammed with this from dirty godaddy ! i have never been involved with any disputes,its a generic domain i bought a while ago altough a company tried to buy it off me called hotellistings.com or similar.I just cannot undrestand this,i know that a few of you guys warned about godaddy but i just thought it would never happen to me,any advice would be much appreciated !

Heres their email they sent me as follows :

Dear wesley perkins,

We recently received an inquiry related to your domain name, cheaphotel.net. The specific inquiry related to your domain name can be described as follows:

Notice of pending legal dispute through NAF (National Arbitration Forum). Questions: [email protected]

In accordance with our registration agreeement, https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/lega...p?prog_id=GoDaddy&isc=&se=&from_app=&app_hdr=, we have charged your credit card in the amount of $29.00 for our processing of this inquiry.

If you have any questions concerning the above, please contact our customer service center.

Thank you for your continued business,
GoDaddy.com

Domain Days 2024

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Move all your domains from godaddy to a registrar that doesn't suck. I don't konw how many you have but recently there was a thread in regards to moniker having some special pricing.

Please don't suggest enom either, they're worse than godaddy.

Godaddy says somewhere that if you win the dispute they refund the 29bux. However I haven't heard if anyone has ever gotten it back.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The $29 i can live although its daylight robbery, its the domain which is more important,how do i get it back or does anybody know the process ?

stuartsdomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Fight them all the way, do not let them steal your name.

I am in dispute with a major record label over a name and id rather see them in court than have them steal my name.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Godaddy keeps this up they won't be #1 for very long. They suspended a clients name which was in the middle of a $xx,xxx deal.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree. It is daylight robbery.

I would suggest that you move your names away from Godaddy.

I have been slowly getting mine out of there.

I haven't heard of any horror stories about Enom in regards to UDRP fees.

I also agree that Moniker is probably the most "domain owner friendly" of all of
the registrars.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been moving all of my Domains from GD and WWD To moniker in the last few months.

Great support, Great service, Great CEO.

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameMogul.com said:
Godaddy keeps this up they won't be #1 for very long. They suspended a clients name which was in the middle of a $xx,xxx deal.

Thankfully for GoDaddy their business relies on the "average idiot" and not domainers. They are going to be #1 for quite some time.

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
paulc said:
...samarouli anything involving 1and1 is a pain..

slighlty off-topic but since I've moded to US over 1 year ago 1and1UK is still charging me for a DS over $100 a month despite SEVERAL calls and emails. They were so stupid that they let my domains drop as I've updated my address and the email never came to my new address..

I've sent faxes, emails and several calls and they just keep charging me.. I dread what the moving experience of 200+ domains would be :(

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Bulldog,

You didn't lose the name. Go-Daddy removes it from your list so you can't change anything on it (like move it), but you still have the name unless/until you lose the dispute (if you type the name in it will still go to your parking page). You will be getting an email and a package in the mail within the next week. Make sure that you reply to the dispute, even if you don't have an attorney. Go to WIPO.int and read about 100 cases and you will be very knowledgeable when you repsond. Don't sweat the $29, but if you have a group of potentially TM names, then I would definitely move them because you will get charged $29 each, even if it is part of one dispute.

WhoDatDog

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice everyone !

whodatDog thasnks but i cant understand why anybody would file a dispute over "cheaphotel.net" its not a tm and its very generic with other domainers holding various extensions,this is what confuses me the most !

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Let-em waste their time and money. If they are willing to spend over 1K on the dispute, plus attorney's fees and time and effort, then I am sure they will be willing to pay you off when they lose the cae. I sure hope you didn't have your contact info hidden. That's why I always say to put an easy-to-use
For Sale link on most of your pages.....you probably would have given them the name for a few K. 90 percent of my sales come from links on my pages.....over 90 percent of other people's names don't have these links...this is what happens when you don't allow people to make an inquiry without making an offer.....many people don't even know how to use Whois....I assume that these people did, but I still had to make the point.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
britishbulldog said:
i cant understand why anybody would file a dispute over "cheaphotel.net" its not a tm and its very generic with other domainers holding various extensions,this is what confuses me the most !

A company has a trademark on CheapHotel.com .

I assume they are the ones going after you.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My name was registered before cheaphotel.com became a registered trade mark,also if you noticed they have registered "cheaphotel.com" not cheap hotel as im sure they would of not been allowed to as its to generic which effecitvly rules them to chase every single cheaphotel with a tld otherwise i would go round hammering every good name out there by simpling adding .com on the end of a word then registering the trade mark.

i m gr8

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is the url of Moniker ?

I went to http://www.moniker.com , couldnt find any rate , except transfer for 16.99 $/yr , isnt that expensive ?

Sorry out of topic , but have been seeing people singing praise over moniker in most of the threads , but never could find any detail about it .

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom