Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

I wish I owned rent.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkx

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
:disappoin :'( :undecided :mad:

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They (ebay) bought a business that apparently does $40m/yr in revenue for $140million. Not a domain name.

mkx

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I thought it was over 400 million and I was wishing I owned the website and the domain, not just the domain. Although just the domain would be nice too :)

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wish I owned General Motors, but unfortunately I don't. I wish I'd registered Travel.com when it was available, but I didn't. I wish my girlfriend was a super model, but she isn't.....is there a point to this thread?

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:santa:
Nothing wrong with wishing this time of the year

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL ... i wish i owned WALMART and Exxon Mobil and GM and G.E and IBM..........and the INTERNET.......... :party:

yup....... i said WISH...

Joe

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wish this thread would have a point, but it doesn't. :cheeky:

Best of luck to all you wishers.

-Joe

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wishing inspires action. Sounds like you got the first part down, now go make it happen :)

M

mole

When you wish upon a .BIZ,
Makes no difference who you are,
All the buyers and business owners,
Will come to youuu...

mkx

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This thread was just a whitty way of bringing up the news that eBay bought rent.com for over 400 million dollars. Don't hate :(

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i own Renters.com. Give me some love.

M

mole

draqon said:
i own Renters.com.

Don't you even think for one second we all didn't know you got that as a typo for reuters.com traffic :-D

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
draqon said:
i own Renters.com. Give me some love.

Dragon.. it is good, but $30k good?
hope you do well with it :eek:k:

btw.. what is the traffic on it anyway?

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i apologize for taking so long to respond guys, i forgot about this thread. being an egotistical person who enjoys reading his own posts, that is pretty unusual.

mkx, thanks for the love.

mole, its funny that you should mention that cuz i still cant figure out how to pronounce Reuters. Im never sure if its pronounced Routers, or Rooters, or something in between.

Nameyourself, thanks for the comments. It was hard to turn down the 30k offer, and i still might change my mind at some later point and see if the offer is still on the table. But for now, in light of the buyout of Rent.com company I feel that Renters.com might be one of the stronger rental related domains still on the markets. Therefore Im gonna develop it. I havent looked at the traffic lately, i think it has something like the following stats: 400 unique visitors /day, 45% clickthrough rate, average earnings of maybe $16 /day. So im not sure if it would have even benefitted you to buy the domain as a traffic name, but then again just like two letter .coms, its value definitely transcends the stats of its traffic earnings.

note: possibly that clickthrough rate is wrong, it sounds a bit high. if i wasnt so lazy, and wasnt half-way across the world in a 3rd world country, i would probably check that.

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you got a plan! I wouldn't sell it if I owned it either.

Develop it and sell it off. Even selling it as a developed site for 1% ($4 million) of what Rent.com went for would enable you to retire if you so desired. 400 uniques / day is phenomenal traffic probably worth the $30k as is, if it's all rent related.

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't have accepted the 30k either draqon...with that traffic/revenue potential I wouldn't take anything less than 50k undeveloped (which is about 8 years DS parking income).

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
in the unlikely event that anyone is still curious about this random domain of mine, after analying the data it is looking like i was overestimating the value. for january, its only earning about $12 per day, and it only has approx. 130 uniques per day instead of the impressive 400 i thought it was getting. however the clickthrough rate appears to be even higher than i thought, at something like 60%. i assume that means that the people going to that site really are looking for content relating to rental properties, which is good for me and my development plans.

in my defense - i dont like making embarassing overvaluations of stuff like this - i do think the traffic goes up to 200 uniques in certain months. i guess january isnt a good month for moving to a new place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom