Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

I would stay away from NetworkSolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got a few domains with Networksolutions thanks to Namejet preorder successful auctions.

Over few days ago, one domain got expired and I forgot to put "auto renew" and it expired about 10 days ago.

Today when I renewed it, it costed me $75 (including their expensive annual fees, SO CALLED "REINSTATEMENT FEES" + VAT)

I was amazed with it and it costed me nearly redemtion fees.

Similar scenerio happened with Moniker or Godaddy a few times but they don't charge this RUBBISH "REINSTATEMENT FEES" etc.... Their domain renewal is about 3 to 4 times that of Moniker or Godaddy.

Just "radiculous" Service charging much more than other companies.

Going to transfer all the domains to Moniker/Godaddy.

I would stay away from them unless I win domains at Namejet.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
More expensive than grabbing back the domain through Namejet.
Go figure.

I think that's what they want, they don't want you to redeem your domains because they will not feed the lucrative supply of prerelease names. The auctions are more profitable than renewals.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
More expensive than grabbing back the domain through Namejet.
Go figure.

I think that's what they want, they don't want you to redeem your domains because they will not feed the lucrative supply of prerelease names. The auctions are more profitable than renewals.

Yes, they just want to make money by this fee and that fees.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DomainSite.com is the best registrar in this regard. I had domains that were well beyond the grace period (in pending delete status) and they charged me reg fee to renew. Not a huge fan of their prices or interface, however.

GoDaddy is as bad as NetworkSolutions, both seem to charge extortionate level redemption fees. GoDaddy also seems to have a shorter than normal grace period, thus I have 0 domains with them (and won't ever use them again).

I'm at Moniker, they seem to be the best balance of pros and cons (their customer service is slowly coming back to normal + I love their interface and broad range of available TLDs).

DigiNames

DigiNames.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I haven't used NetSol for ever. I just bought a name from another member that was registered there and had issues with the push. He submitted a support ticket which took forever, and when I finally got that resolved and received the name I decided to forward it, and they tried to charge $70 or so to do that...They are in the business of ripping off people that don't know better.

I use Godaddy for 95% of my names, and it hasn't been without a few big problems. The upside is that I can always find good renewal codes and it seems like everyone uses them so it is easy to push names there (even though they lock it for 60 days). Maybe there is a better registrar out there that is as cheap, but I haven't found it.

Oh, and they were big on "front running" a few years back where every time you did a whois search they would basically register the name and you could only buy it from them for the next 4 days. They are greedy and deserve to have no customers.

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any registrar that charges money for URL forwarding [as NetSol does] is crossed off my list.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any registrar that charges money for URL forwarding [as NetSol does] is crossed off my list.
Byebye Moniker :smilewinkgrin:

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dynadot.com and Name.com are both companies I can recommend for 6+ years experience with both of them.

Dynadot has an interface that is really easy to use, and gives you ability to easily set up sub folders etc. not to mention about 35 day grace on renewals with no extra fees. Name.com for my 2 cents is tops in personal 1:1 service. I have names at Go Daddy too, just don't like their upsell on checkout and frankly their interface is a bit of a PIA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom