Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Icann Financials Rela$$$$$$$$$$$ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On top of crazy salaries, the expenses point to living a lavish lifestyle on the road.

I am sure no one for ICANN flies coach. And doubtful few drive their own cars.

It is a gross figure and everyone should be outraged. Being a non-profit, typically they must spend the money brought in. So why not spend it on themselves.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Gerry, open the PDF and check out the hours put in by the top officials: 60 /week. That's 12 hours per every day of the 5-day week for a year. Seriously.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
New GTLD Application Fees - $158,085,751...

About an 800% increase in income over the past 5 years...

Who exactly is the beneficiary of the "person" contributions, up to $310,000 to one individual...

Being a "non-profit", it amazes me how "surprising" it is that they essentially had $158mil in new bucks which was offset by $150mil in expenses. That plus salaries, on paper it looks like a "break even" year - ergo, not for profit status.

Anyone buying this creative accounting strategy?

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Indeed, it is outrageous. I'm glad that more and more people are becoming aware of the situation (I was the one who made the formal request for the IRS Form 990 from ICANN yesterday, which compelled them to publish it; same thing last year, etc.). If one goes back into the historical Form 990 records from prior years, you can see quite clearly how ICANN's mission has been perverted, from one that is supposed to benefit the public to one that instead benefits ICANN insiders and parasites in their ever-expanding "ecosystem" of consultants and contractors.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Theo: ICANN has always claimed their staff work 60 hours/week (always exactly that number, not more, not less, not rounded, etc.). But, check how many of them work from home offices, etc. I bet if one actually put an external monitor on them and timed things, the true figures would be much lower.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If they spent $150mil on expenses last year...then how did these poor souls manage to survive all the previous years?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I've been 'blessed' with a cold as of last night, and the numbers were off. Thankfully, George sent me the proper figure: the increase in expenses is 116% year over year, not 73%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom