Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

ICANN is toothless, registrars are greedy ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been monitoring an expired domain name (for *some* reason), and noticed that it has actually been registered thrice (yes, 3 times) within the last 2 weeks after its expiry by 3 different registrants. So now people actually snap up EVERY expired domain, and run the filtering by registering and activating ALL of them instead of using some keywords and/or Overture software. I thought there were only a couple of really huge players doing that, but guess now it's become more and more affordable.

Domain Days 2024

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Totally agree. Nobody at the top of the food chain wants to stop this because at the end of the day it puts a lot more money in their pockets.

They are all phishing for generic traffic and will be the next generation of domain kings.

Registrar(s) are registering every name on drops.
Registrar(s) are doing 1000's of new registrations on generic keyword combos and phrases daily.

They drop all names without traffic and possible tm infringements within the grace period, thus, never having to pay for duds and keeping only those that will earn more than the registration fee.

This favorable situation with registrars (all registrars have the grace period but not all registrars share this grace period with their customers) is very quickly shutting the door to fair competition to everyone below the registrar level.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tough business.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess we now have to re-check domains considered lost in a handful of days; or even every 5 days or so, just to make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom