Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Icann Orders Verisign To Shut-down Sitefinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like Icann is flexing their muscle.

"For all these reasons, ICANN has today insisted that VeriSign suspend the SiteFinder service, and restore the .com and .net top-level domains to the way they were operated prior to 15 September 2003. If VeriSign does not comply with this demand by 6:00 PM PDT on 4 October 2003, ICANN will be forced to take the steps necessary to enforce VeriSign's contractual obligations."

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
*cough*cough*

http://www.icann.org/correspondence/twomey-to-lewis-03oct03.htm

"Various press reports have quoted VeriSign representatives as being concerned about the processes by which changes in the operation of top-level domains are evaluated and approved by ICANN. I share those concerns. The introduction by registry operators of new products or services that do not threaten adverse effects to the Internet, the DNS or the top-level domains which they operate should not be impeded by unnecessary or prolonged processes."

Sounds like a WLS horse-trade, to me.

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GeorgeK
*cough*cough*

http://www.icann.org/correspondence/twomey-to-lewis-03oct03.htm

Sounds like a WLS horse-trade, to me.

WLS is beneficial to some people and hurts others. I wont debate that issue here. SiteFinder is beneficial to Verisign and of insignificant benefit to everyone else. SiteFinder hurts a lot of people. I signed your petition, George. Thanks for taking that initiative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom