Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

ICANN Proposes Fee Hike for Registrars...thus the End-Users suffer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin23

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Meands domain costs on the way up.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Doesn't ICANN already charge the registrar 12 cents per domain/year?

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
on your best names you may want to renew for multiple years.it seems inevitable registration prices have to rise a bit ..profit margins are just to thin...

theparrot

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
zeal2 said:
Not true for larger registrars. On the contrary, the cost per domain of larger registrars will decrease by 12.5 cents.

http://www.icannbudget.org/impact_on_registrars.shtml

It will diminish private and drop catching registrars.

Uh, thats not how I read it at all.... you can not call a decrease in the full potential increase a real decrease now can you?

The cost will go up ... it just will not go up as much for the larger registers as it would have if the old model of a per domain fee only was kept.

It seems to me that ICANN is growing too big and bloated with this type of budget. It is proposed, who can say no to them, and tell them to cut it back?

theparrot

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thats true, and the $6 Verisign gets per name is outragous, they should drop it to $4, give $1 to ICANN and cut prices by the other dollar and everyone wins but Verisign, who is clearly making too much at $6 a name when registars that have to take credit cards and deal with end users can get by on much smaller margins.

Smith

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can't blame ICANN, I mean those week long quarterly vacations around the world are expensive . . . damn . . . I meant conferences.

It was amazing to be sitting in a hotel in Rome listening to the board whine about funding shortfalls. Maybe someone should bring this up at the next meeting in South Africa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom