Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Icann?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FMS

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"How long does a registration last? Can it be renewed?

Each registrar has the flexibility to offer initial and renewal registrations in one-year increments, provided that the maximum remaining unexpired term shall not exceed ten years."
(http://www.icann.org/faq/#regtime)

How can Network Solutions offer 100 year registrations when the ICANN limit is 10 years?

Temp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is there some sample domains that show the domain will last 100 years in their Whois?I think maybe nsi provide 100 years domain registration service,but they dont register it for 100 years at one time,they need renew domains some times for their customers so that domains could last 100 years.

M

mole

monie8 said:
How can Network Solutions offer 100 year registrations when the ICANN limit is 10 years?

Your domain at Netsol will not officially show a 100 years extension in the whois, just up to a maximum of 10 eg. 2014

You will have to trust Netsol to fulfill the 90 years it owes you.

Which is why everyone believes it is more a marketing gimmick and Jedi mind trick to hypnotise you to NEVER to let your domain names expire, no matter how crappy you think they are. .COM domains are currently at the 27 million mark. The objective, per original business model projections, is to move it to 150 million and make it stay there. Hope this explains.

FMS

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks..I would never consider purchasing 100 years but I found the very fact that they do it disturbing.

Thanks

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
monie8 said:
Thanks..I would never consider purchasing 100 years but I found the very fact that they do it disturbing.

Thanks

Not only that, but the time beyond the next 10 is non-refundable and non-transferrable. This means you are either stuck with them as the registrar for 100 years or have to forfeit anything beyond the 10 year ICANN limit if you want to switch registrars.

Even the sentence for murder isn't that long... :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom