Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

ICAP Media Domain hijacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you have...but if not I would speak with someone at snapnames with the correspondence showing you purchased the name...You also must be in regular communication with your Sedo rep....between sedo & snap, they will work it out.

I had something similar happen to me with a snapnames name I won at auction...it took about 3 months for snapnames to deal with their mistake, but they did....this however is sedo's mistake.

ARMG

Undeveloped.com - Domain name marketplace
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your advice. I am in contact with Sedo and I have recently contacted Snapnames as well. But I can't understand why Snapnames simply doesn't push the domain back into Sedo's account.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your advice. I am in contact with Sedo and I have recently contacted Snapnames as well. But I can't understand why Snapnames simply doesn't push the domain back into Sedo's account.

It would make too much sense...;)

But really, they may need to do their due dilligence first, but should not take a long time.

What is really alarming is that another domainer is being such a prick.

ARMG

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It would make too much sense...;)

But really, they may need to do their due dilligence first, but should not take a long time.

What is really alarming is that another domainer is being such a prick.

You got a point there. I will keep you guys updated about the issue. And I am going to give Jeffrey Tognetti a call anytime soon. I found out he also owns a auto company called ICAP Auto. Maybe it's a good idea to call him while he is at work :D

ARMG

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok guys now here's a plot I didn't expected this issue would take. It seems that ICAP Media really had bought the domain on Snapnames.com. The seller is the one which is to blaim.

The seller is a member here and his account is: CommercialDomains
What he has done is first he sold the domain on sedo.com he didn't liked the price the domain sold for so he never completed the transaction I was in with sedo.

After one month of pushing ComercialDomains to hand over the domain to Sedo so that sedo could complete the transaction he finally did that but in mean time he also sold the domain on snapnames! And the domain was registered at snapnames so snapnames took the domain out of sedo's escrow account and gave the domain to ICAP Media.

Conclusion CommercialDomains is a pathedic domainer which doesn't honours binding sales.

I see he is still active on DNForum so everybody we warned.

Last edited:

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:eek:
Ok guys now here's a plot I didn't expected this issue would take. It seems that ICAP Media really had bought the domain on Snapnames.com. The seller is the one which is to blaim.

The seller is a member here and his account is: CommercialDomains
What he has done is first he sold the domain on sedo.com he didn't liked the price the domain sold for so he never completed the transaction I was in with sedo.

After one month of pushing ComercialDomains to hand over the domain to Sedo so that sedo could complete the transaction he finally did that but in mean time he also sold the domain on snapnames! And the domain was registered at snapnames so snapnames took the domain out of sedo's escrow account and gave the domain to ICAP Media.

Conclusion CommercialDomains is a pathedic domainer which doesn't honours binding sales.

I see he is still active in DNForum so everybody we warned.

icapauto

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
:eek:
After one month of pushing ComercialDomains to hand over the domain to Sedo so that sedo could complete the transaction he finally did that but in mean time he also sold the domain on snapnames! And the domain was registered at snapnames so snapnames took the domain out of sedo's escrow account and gave the domain to ICAP Media. Conclusion CommercialDomains is a pathedic domainer which doesn't honours binding sales.

My name is Jeff Tognetti, and I am the person referenced in this thread, as it became obvious to the gentleman who started this thread that I was not at fault and did NOT hijack a domain. Unfortunately this post is indexed and could potentially "ding" my reputation so I would like it to be clear:

1) I did not hijack any domain
2) The name was never pushed from CommercialDomains to SnapNames
3) I bought said name in an auction with out any knowledge of what took place between the domain owner previous to my purchase and his registrar
4) Seeing as I simply bought a domain from an auction, it would be appreciated if any negative comments here were removed

To be clear:

The original domain name holder himself came to the view that I was NOT at fault, but rather it was his registrar

See Below:

Not Jeff Tognetti

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom