Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Idea for a video...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdiggles

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have an idea for a video for you...how to find someone who has incorrect whois. I'm trying to get this domain...it's a nice category killer. Anyway, I've done everything I could - it was set to drop on Dec. 13th but the guy just renewed it (so I'm confident he isn't dead or in jail...which is what I originally thought). It's been registered since 2008 by the same guy.

Anyway, I've tried everything:

• Whois - found his email and emailed him (email bounced back)...tried registering the email with the provider (it was a hotmail account) but it said the username was unavailable...
  • Took the address from the whois and it's an empty building...
  • Searched Google for his name and about 100 other domains came up all with the same bogus whois...went through each and every one hoping there was some contact form or something. They are all parked.
  • Contacted the registrar for the domain to tried to get the correct info. No luck. Maybe there is a better way to do this?
  • Called his phone number - out of service.
  • Backordered it at snapnames, enom/namejet and godaddy.
  • Not sure if I should hire a domain broker...I feel like they would just do everything I've done.

This is the first time I have not been able to track someone down. I think it would make for a pretty good video...all the ways to find someone.

-Sean

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
  • Whois - found his email and emailed him (email bounced back)...tried registering the email with the provider (it was a hotmail account) but it said the username was unavailable...

• So you were going to try and steal the domain?

sdiggles

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No, I was trying to get his real info. I guess if I wanted to I probably could steal it, but I'm not a scumbag so that wouldn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom