Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

IDN -general issues-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bramiozo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been experimenting with IDN's and I regged quite a few, I have noticed 2 major pertubations with regard tot "normal" names :
1) arbitrary rejections -->
Your application for the domain name shown in the Subject field, sent to the .COM Registry, has been rejected by the .COM Registry.

A reason for refusal may be: too generic domain name, trademark issue, limitations created by the registry causing the domain to be unavailable (i.e. single character domains are not allowed), or the name could already be registered.

If your domain request was for a IDN (Internationalized Domain Names) refusal may be in part due to VeriSign's blocked character variants solution.

2) inconsistent whois information; while a name may be registered according to idotz.net, it is free for the taking according to dd24.net .

What causes these problems, unfamiliarity with chinese-characters(over 20,000) or a lack of standardization ?

madcamel

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I own many IDNs but never encountered any of the issues you specified.
However, I don't own any Chinese IDNs so maybe your problems are directly connected to the Chinese characters.

Bramiozo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, they seem to block the registration of to generic domain names, maybe that is "stimulated" by the chinese government, to prevent domain speculation maybe ?

Bramiozo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
3 names just dissappeared from my account, what the **** !?

Really they are getting and securing áll generic names, my best names are gone without notice and explanation, it makes me sick.

IDotz has just thrown a disclaimer at me, the names have been in my possession for weeks :( .

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRGGGGHHHHHH

M

mole

Bramiozo said:
Avoid generic Chinese names in any case :)

It's a pity, because China is all hell bent on being a new economic superpower. You can see evolutionary changes happening every month.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
It's a pity, because China is all hell bent on being a new economic superpower. You can see evolutionary changes happening every month.

Exactly. In a few years they will run the show.

Bramiozo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just lost 3 more names without notification of explanation and nó offer for a refund.

Does anybody know a trustworthy IDN-registrar ?

madcamel

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Did you try contacting them ?
What did they have to say ?

I have a few IDNs with them.

Bramiozo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just got a refund for the last 3 names, they were directly rejected, but it's strange that they showed all as succesfully registered for a short while.
The first 3 names that I lost after several weeks still have to be refunded.

Here's a link to the help-topic:
http://www.ihelpz.net/[email protected]&ticketkeyre=d86be7

It seems they have a problem with the acceptance by the .xxx registries, it always takes several hours to show as succesfully registered in your account and then it's still not clear whether it's accepted or not, it sure feels like a problem to me :goofy: .

Bramiozo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tjeez, it has to be starting problems, they are new at the game right, I mean a fake registrar of this quality and size ? I know a lot of dn'ers have regged idn's with them, it would be kinda sick if all of those kickass IDN's would end-up in the basket of a greedy domainscammer.

We should gather info on this, domains being registered according to Idotz whilst there not, how can a mistake like this occur ?

Let's just assume it's a mistake before we point fingers, contacting ICANN would be a wise thing.

This seems to be important:

Registrant
TDC, Ltd.
[email protected]
1200 Jorie Blvd. Suite 329
Oak Brook, IL 60523 US
+1.1111111111
+1.8478954123 (FAX)

This little man seems be graced with the ability to reg names which are mine, this quality of foresight has been his companion since at least 2000, when he regged all these names. Was it even possible to reg chinesecharacter.com's in 2000 ?

I would be nice if this could linked to Idotz wouldn't it ?

madcamel

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They just dont reg them immediately like the other registrars.
It takes them a few hours.

Bramiozo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Or days, or weeks, and what's ****ed, the Idotz-whois seems to be independent from internic because it shows me as the owner of names that were already rejected. Ah well, now I know, Idotz to reg and dd24.net to check the whois :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom