Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

IDN Traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

beano33

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anybody getting any traffic with their IDN's? Do parking solutions covert them well?

Domain Days 2024

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
http://www.dnforum.com/f273/idn-revenue-thread-136782.html

Yes, Russians seem the best for traffic currently. At least for me.

This one alone (сонник.com) has netted me 553 visitors since 1-30-06. Pretty encouraging stats for something that doesn't even have mass browser support yet.

dillpupp

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have about 6000 uniques per day European IDN traffic,from mainly Spain,France,and Turkey,which converts well.

none

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dillpupp said:
I have about 6000 uniques per day European IDN traffic,from mainly Spain,France,and Turkey,which converts well.

Where are you parking them dillpupp?

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dillpupp said:

Yes, I love it to hear a so called "investor" say, "I don't know anything about them, and I don't plan to."

Wait until IE7. :laugh:

The traffic they are getting now will be akin to an 80 year old man with a prostate problem. Just a trickle! Compared to the flood that awaits!

dillpupp

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
vtrader said:
Where are you parking them dillpupp?

I spread them out,maybe 40% at DomainSponsor,40% at NameDrive,and 20% at Skenzo.I'm very happy with the performance of all 3 places,revenue speaking...but NameDrive of course shows the IDN's in actual native form on the landing page,which is nothing short of fantastic.
I bet my DS and Skenzo IDN revenue could go higher if they did the same.

Sarcle said:
Yes, I love it to hear a so called "investor" say, "I don't know anything about them, and I don't plan to."

Wait until IE7. :laugh:

The traffic they are getting now will be akin to an 80 year old man with a prostate problem. Just a trickle! Compared to the flood that awaits!

:laugh: Very true...So many sit happily in the dark while we outcast IDNer's build our little empire.It's really shocking,the traffic Euro IDN's get.So much in fact I've even found IDN typos with OVT w/e!
Once serious Asian traffic hits,more heads will start turning.

mikess

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dillpupp said:

Do you think that idn's with a .com extension are the majority of the typins or the idn's along with originating country extention at the end. What do you think the percentage wise is between .com typins for the idn term vs. country extension idn term?

Example:

сонник.com gets more typins or сонник.ru?

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mikess said:
Do you think that idn's with a .com extension are the majority of the typins or the idn's along with originating country extention at the end. What do you think the percentage wise is between .com typins for the idn term vs. country extension idn term?

Example:

сонник.com gets more typins or сонник.ru?

The traffic is 99 percent russian coming from Opera browsers and there is not an ability to register .ru IDN. Hope this helps.

mikess

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sarcle, do you think this is the same case for the other countries because you can register the cctld's for some of these others?

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mikess said:
Sarcle, do you think this is the same case for the other countries because you can register the cctld's for some of these others?

I can't speak for everyone invested in IDN only my stats but it seems that .com is preferred.

(I own keywords in .cn and .jp.)

I believe that IDN will break down barriers for domains and cctld's. Right now the only true way to designate what language the site is in is by cctld. Meaning a Russian person knows the site is in russian because it has a .ru. The use of their own language in the domain will cease this to be an only indicator. Followed by much less rules and restrictions on .com vs. cctld will only boost it more.

Of course this is only my opinion and others will have theirs.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thing DCG asked this question too without a clear answer.

Are you better off registering foreigncharcaters.nationsextension? or foreigncharacters.comextension? i.e. foreignwords.com or foreignwords.cn?

Which is more popular and with the best potential?

touchring

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There's no fixed rule - .com and .cn are equally popular in China. From the speculator point of view, .com is a couple times cheaper to bet on.

If you can get a good name, the higher fee for .cn would be worth it, except, if you can find one, chances that it has little value since good .cn domains are registered by the Chinese themselves.

A word of caution for chinese domains, what might be a good name in the USA is often not the case for China. For example, names like pay.com, buy.com might be useless in the chinese context since most people use the internet to find phone numbers and as a product directory/yellow pages, and not to directly buy goods. The situation might change in the future, but it won't happen in another 5 years.

Popular chinese names include names of types of businesses, product categories, etc.

mikess

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think I read somewhere that once the idn testbed is over sometime next year, they will all be deleted. Is this correct?

touchring

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If they are all deleted, what will happen to companies using idns as their websites? If i'm not mistaken, this is popular in Europe. Common sense. :)

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mikess said:
I think I read somewhere that once the idn testbed is over sometime next year, they will all be deleted. Is this correct?

That's about the most ridiculous thing I've heard yet. The testbed steps are just merely a guide for the introduction of these domains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom