Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Idotz.net refusing to allow transfers - BEWARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like it's time for another registrar warning!

I registered some .INFO's at Idotz.net with their free promotion in early September. The 60 days have passed, so I look on their site for the EPP AUTH codes needed for transfer. Reputable registrars have them on the web site.... none to be found at Idotz. So I email support, and get a reply that I have to fill out a 'support request form'. I do that.... after 2 days, no reply. I email the support desk again, and I'm told the ticket was answered and closed. I go online to see if I can see a response there, and I am asked for a "ticket key". I was never given one. I fill out the 'need a ticket key' form which is supposed to email me the key. It never comes. My email address is listed in the system correctly, and my email is working fine, with no spam filters whatsoever.

I again email support, but they no longer reply.
SO... the bottom line is that I cannot get support or transfer names out of idotz. I have wasted several hours of my time this week.... grrr!

BEWARE OF IDOTZ!

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Many email exchanges with their "support" later, they still refuse to provide transfer codes.

I've filed a formal complaint with Afilias for violation of the transfer policy, and I'm issuing a chargeback against the company. They are a scam.

I would caution domain buyers to AVOID ALL DEALINGS with this company, since you will not be able to transfer names out or get support from the company.

owen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Perhaps this registrar is unfamiliar with the new transfer policy.

http://www.icann.org/transfers/policy-12jul04.htm

Refer them to section 5. It states that a registrar must provide an auth code within 5 calender days. They also have to allow a transfer out unless you explicitly tell them not to. I recommend calling ICANN as well.

rawkinrich

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ive had a similar problem - they can sometimes be lengthy to deal with. Shame really, the sites ok.

The domain details are very limited there.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just got an email reply from Afilias -- they are taking action, and have asked for an explanation from the CTO of the parent registrar, "Key Systems". I've asked that their right to sell .INFO's be revolved. Stay tuned.

FormerDnForumer

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Juniper, you ever get this resolved? I have a name with them I am preparing to x-fer out. Thanks..

madcamel

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think transffering out of registrars should be easier now with the new ICANN transfer policy where the losing registrar can't stop the transfer (unless he locks the name and doesn't let it to be unlocked)

FormerDnForumer

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Their whois is totally out of sync with Verisign's! It's very frustrating! Like the dark ages!

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
owen said:
I recommend calling ICANN as well.

Has anyone tried this and gotten results?

FormerDnForumer

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a name with them now that is simply not in sync with the global whois, and their support is nowhere to be found. Meanwhile, I cannot change the registrant info to mine, despite the fact that the name was pushed from another account into mine. Arggh.

rawkinrich

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They don't have the best service.. It seems you even have to pay to point domain names (not nameservers, basic pointing). But they are good to reg IDN's, but they don't have much else to offer.

ForumDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is much the same case if you've decided to take part in the "free" .info promotion! You have to carefully read the Reg Agreement for that particular promotion and especially the transfer away and renewal section of it. :)

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After phone calls and evidence sent to Afilias, they have intereved on my behalf and the transfer was completed today. I am told this required a call from Afilias to the CEO of the 'upstream registrar', Key Systems Inc. I sent them this letter today to wrap it all up:

Dear Key Systems:

After more than 2 months, countless emails, and many phone calls, I am happy to report that our domain names have now been transfered OUT of Idotz.net.

Not only did Idotz.net repeatedly refuse to provide the EPP transfer codes, they demonstrated an extraordinarly example of how NOT to support a customer. By simply requesting the EPP codes for transfer, I was falsely accused of:

1) Not paying for the names
(They were paid via credit card)

2) Not having a working email address
(no problems with any emails, no spam filters running)

3) Not understanding the transfer process
(I manage over 7,000 domain names and performed over 5,000 transfers between 50+ registrars in 2004)

4) Being a domain hijacker because I receive emails at both [email protected] and [email protected]
(A domain hijacker within my own company???)

5) Not calling the support voice phone, so I didn't deserve support)
(I called - it's a recording saying to use the support web site!)

6) Attempting to get support via "Live Help"
(I clicked the "live support" button, and was told in chat that they do not provide 'support' because they are 'live help'!)

Perhaps "hatred of paying customers" should not be your mission statement? This has been quite an experience, one that I never intend to repeat.

Regards,
Dale Porter

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WOW! I came here to bitch about idotz and saw this thread!
I finalized a website purchase a few days ago and 8 of the 9 domains included in the sale were at idotz. So first we realize that idotz is a little behind the times and we have to pay for simple dns service. So we do.
Then we decide to transfer the 8 names to Enom. Simple enough right? Wrong!
We approved the transfer 3 days ago and idotz has not approved the transfer. We dont want to wait five days so we called to see if they could manually approve the transfer which takes almost no time.
Some absolute moron with no understanding of the transfer process starts talking a bunch of crap to one of my programmers. He askes for fax verification taht we own the domain names. He tells him not to call but to email the hostmaster. he says it is impossible to go in and manually approve the transfer And he asks if we purchased the domains and for how much???

Ay way glad I found this thread as a nice email will be going out to key systems from my attorney.

Peace y'all

John

M

mole

Togoodhlth said:
Some absolute moron with no understanding of the transfer process starts talking a bunch of crap to one of my programmers.

Why do you think they call themselves idotz?

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Togoodhealth: It took them a week AFTER I requested the transfer with the EPP codes, so you might want to wait a few more days.

I'm betting they'll tell you they've NEVER had a complaint before -- they tell that to everyone who complains.

There has been NO response to my email to Key Systems... that's how much they care about the domain owners.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I have now posted similar posts at WHT and other large forums.
I hope that someone somewhere learns somethingmfrom this and at the very least I KNOW they will oose business from their horrible attitude and
customer service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom