Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Idotz.net *STILL* refusing to allow transfers - BEWARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We're now in week #6 of trying to get our .info names OUT of Idotz.net. These people are a nightmare to deal with. They REFUSE to provide the EPP Auth codes for transfer, and I'm requesting the information to file formal complaints with both ICANN and Afilias. It's a really fun scam, the 'hostmaster' tells you taht you MUST use a support ticket to get EPP codes (required for transfer), and they won't get you yet another 'key' required to open the ticket! The 'live support' people tell you to go to the 'hostmaster'... and they just go back and forth endlessly! The customer is simply f***ed.

CHAT LOG WITH IDOT.NET SUPPORT DESK AT 12:30 PM Dec 22, 2004

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Operator - L'
Operator - L: Hello!
Operator - L: May I help you?
you: Hello, is Operator Q available?
Operator - L: We are unable to transfer to another operator
you: Ok. I submitted a support ticket and received no receipt and no ticket key via email. How do I get the ticket key?
Operator - L: What can I help you with?
Operator - L: How long ago did you submit the ticket?
you: one was a month ago, resubmited 10 minutes ago per opertor Q.
Operator - L: You should be able to retieve the key for the older ticket via the forgot key option
Operator - L: it may take longer than 10 minutes for you to receive an email for the newer one
you: I've done that 5 times. It does not work. I just want the EPP auth key for my names!
you: Ok, I have waited a MONTH for the 1st request. Are you telling me I have to wait over a month for support?
Operator - L: If you are having a problem with the system please contact the hostmaster
Operator - L: at: [email protected]
you: I did that. He was no help. I just want the EPP codes. He told me to file a support ticket, and i have done that TWICE now.
you: I have done everything asked, so how do I get the EPP codes??
Operator - L: Send an email to the hostmaster and request the information
you: I DID THAT! He told me to file a support ticket. Now the support ticket is failing to send the 'ticket key'. So help me.
Operator - L: This chat link is to direct you to the right place
Operator - L: and I have done so already
Operator - L: Anything else I could help you with today?
you: No, this is the SUPPORT link. I am asking for SUPPORT.
Operator - L: Already provided
you: Alredy provided? Great, what's my ticket key for the support requests I filed?
Operator - L: Have a nice day!
Operator - L: You have the forgot link to request it
you: What is the ticket key, please?
Operator - L: Sorry, unable to provide such information on this link
you: I already used the 'forgot key' link, even though I didn't forget, it was never sent to me.
you: Ok, then how do I get the EPP auth code for my domain names?
Operator - L: We seem to be running in circles here
Operator - L: Request the Ticket Key
you: You realize that I by refusing to provide the codes you are in violation of your Afilias agreement and ICANN rules, correct?
Operator - L: If you do not receive a Ticket Key, check with your email provider for any blockages
you: I have now provided a written request for EPP auth codes from your company 5 times using even possible communication method
Operator - L: There is no refusal to provide the information
you: There are no 'blockages', your system is not sending anything.
Operator - L: The system is used by thousands of people daily
Operator - L: you are the only complaint so far
Operator - L: that is not receiving emails from it
you: Last chance - are you going to provide the EPP auth codes or do we file formal complaints against BRS Media?
Operator - L: You have been provided with the means to retrieve the information
you: No, I haven't.
Operator - L: If for some odd reason, you are having trouble
Operator - L: you may contact the hostmaster for further assistance
you: No, YOU are having trouble. I'm receiving email from everyone else just fine.
you: I already contacted 'hostmaster'. He said contact 'support'. You are 'SUPPORT' according to the logo on this chat window.
Operator - L: This is "LIVE HELP"
Operator - L: and you have received help with how you need to proceed
you: WRONG! This link says "Support". Perhaps you shuold log on and look?
you: I already followed your suggestion and IT DOES NOT WORK. When will you have your problem corrected?
Operator - L: Anything else I could help you with today?
you: GIVE ME THE EPP CODES SO I CAN TRANSFER MY NAMES OFF OF YOUR BROKEN SYSTEM!
Operator - L: We do not have the authorization to provide such info over this link
you: Then get it. I'll wait.
Operator - L: contact the hostmaster for further assistance
Operator - L: Have a great day!
Operator - L: Bye now!
Chat session has been terminated by the site operator.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Maybe they should be rebranded as IDIOTZ!

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they sound like escapees from network solutions to me...

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Idotz.net's reply to additional requests for the EPP Codes (required for domain transfer), cc'd to Afilias & ICANN:

> Dear Mr. Porter, this is actually quite amazing. 1.) Did you
> contact idotz.net via phone as we had recommended? 2.) If so,
> what was their reply? As you are also living in California, this
> would have been the most ovbious solution instead of going
> through an Online-Chat, expecially as you are so concerned about
> your domains. 3.) Have all of your domains been paid for
> accordingly with idotz.net? I understand, that many of these
> domains were registered during the free .INFO Promotion and that
> a few of these domains did not pass the necessary criteria to be
> "free". Therefore the question, have you paid all required fees
> for these domains. Best regards, Your Team @ RRPproxy.net

----------------------

My response to the Idotz.net letter above:

Dear "Anonymous person" at RRProxy:

You STILL refuse to prove EPP auth codes!

1) I *DID* call your "support phone" listed on the website: 415-677-4027. During the listed business hours it is voice message that says, and I quote "For domain name support, visit our web site". Why on EARTH would you insist that a customer call that number to hear that message after using the support web site, after emailing the company, and after using the "online support" system???

2) Why do you require that I call and hear the recording before you will assist a customer? Is it not enough to file support requests, email your support 'team', and attempt to resolve the problem with your "online support"?? Why does it matter that I am in California? Are customers in California not allowed to have the EPP transfer codes, or use your online support?? The "most obvious solution", is to support your customer by any means requested, not demanding that he use yet ANOTHER useless method of contacting you.

3) This is the 2nd time your company has LIBELED our company with false statement that the domain names were not paid for. We were scammed when your company set up a new storefront under a misleading name ("GetAFree.info"), and registered the name based on your false statements that they were free without disclosing we would be billed for them if we already had an account with your parent company. Although we consider this fraud, we did indeed PAY for your "FREE" domain names. Are you going to issue us a refund, or are you going to apologize for falsely stating yet again to this email distribution list that we did not pay for the names?

4) NONE of this has anything to do with your blatent refusal to provide EPP codes; you are bound to do that even under the free promotion. We now have made many, many requests over a period of 6 weeks.

This should clearly satisfy Afilias that this company is in clear violation of the policy on registrar transfers. I would like a private reply from Afilias on the action they will be taking against these scam artists.

Dale Porter
Web Inceptions, Inc.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:

Got another email from Idotz.net, yet again refusing to provide EPP auth codes. Notice how they are in fear of using their names:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, December 23, 2004 10:13 PM
To: DPorter; [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: RE: Idotz.net refusing to provide EPP Codes / Violation of
ICANN & Afilias Registrar Policy

This issue and the TICKET validating the closed ticket WITH the EEP Codes
included, was addressed and responded to back Friday, November
26, 2004 1:13
AM sent to: [email protected] and [email protected]; and CC:
[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]

Refer to that Email for any questions with regards to this issue.

----------------------

My response:

Dear "Anonymous person" at iDotz.Net:

Yet again, you have failed to provide EPP auth codes for transfer, in violation of ICANN & Afilias Registrar Policy.

Afilias is now actively investigating your arrogant actions against customers.

I have yet to receive a retraction to your statement that the domain names were not paid for, therefore we reserve the right to take further legal action against you, as well as file chargebacks since you claim no payment was made.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Who would keep names at a company called idiotz.net :-D

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what a nightmare...
please keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom