Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

IE7 = no google adsense ads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just installed this "browser" to see how my websites render and I quickly noticed that all my sites with adsense don't display the ads. Am I the only one seeing this? It's a basic install - I have done nothing to it.

Domain Days 2024

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Both google and Yahoo ads work fine for me in IE7.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I wonder what it is then - I can flip back to FF or Opera and the ads appear as normal - but not in the new IE7. I'm going to play with the security settings and see what happens, but at first glance it appears to use what I had it set at on IE6 and that worked fine in regards to displaying adsense.

There's an answer but what is it? Beyond that, I hope this doesn't become something that happens to lots of people as they start installing it - that could be very bad for revenue.

EDIT = A google search shows that the earlier beta version did have this happen to some people. So I am not alone, but this is not the beta version I am using.

Hmmm

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tried IE7. It's worse than 6.0 if you ask me. I haven't heard many positive things about it either. The only reason I have it is also just for testing my sites in. :)

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft purposefully put something in their browser to screw the Adsense program and Google.

cooljeba

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft purposefully put something in their browser to screw the Adsense program and Google.

no nothing like that...

I have been using IE 7 for sometime now. Ever since the alpha version leaked..

it renders perfectly...

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It doesn't render some css properly - I can see that. And after fooling with it for over an hour I still can't see any adsense ads on any website. Worked fine on IE 6 earlier today.

I'm going to roll back to IE6 - my impressions of it - it's ugly, a clear rip-off of FF and not being able to view javascript ads when I want to equals yet another Microsoft clunker.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It wouldn't suprise me either, if microsoft tried to pull a "small" sabotage on google

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should create a page with only your google ad on it and see what happen. On any browser, sometimes a missing tag could mess up the page.

whydna

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

But at the same time it will only be a matter of time before Google developed a workaround for it. Its a never ending cat-mouse game.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

This sort of hypothetical (or real) tactic gives Google good motives for vigorously pushing Fire Fox as an alternative browser.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should create a page with only your google ad on it and see what happen. On any browser, sometimes a missing tag could mess up the page.

I have done nothing to my own pages since installing it. And I can't see adsense ads on ANY webpage not just my own. I also installed it on both our work computers today and guess what... one works the other doesn't. I don't have the time to go digging into them to find out why. It worked on IE6 prior to install, doesn't on two out of three after install. Nothing else was changed or modified just IE7 installed over a prior working IE6.

I've searched the net and this doesn't seem to be a big problem, yet, but how many have made the jump to the new version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom