Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

If .cc .ws and .tv and even .mobi are so

Status
Not open for further replies.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone......

I've noticed that people on this forum feel the, .cc .ws and others are pretty much worthless unless you are building them.

I would also think the same, but the fact is many people have jump up and grabbed them already. True many are still out there, but why have so many been taken already.

My guess is, people are buying them just to make sure, they got them just incase they take off good. One use is to use them for keywords, but how does that work for the SE's though.

I'm asking because, I seen some .cc and .ws domains I may want to reg. Also after looking at both .cc and .ws, I feel the .ws would be the better of the 2. But .cc sounds better, and just makes it easy to rememeber I think.

Thoughts Please ???

Domain Days 2024

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tas38,

This is just my opinion so take the views of others into account as well.

The .cc is good for credit card and perhaps finance domains, and of course the major key words (these are worthy in just about any suffix).

The problem is .ws (marketed as 'website') has not really taken off as some domainers thought it would, and now it has a serious challenger (I cannot mention it as this post would probably be deleted if I did as going off subject or something :( ). There is also the cost of .ws domains, as well as the transfer system with the domains, the new buyer has to re-register them and there is also a hefty transfer fee wacked on by the registrar as well!

When registering any domain think about the marketing, imagine you are trying to advertise to the public - yes that fickle lot (that by the way includes all of us). Can the suffix be utilized in advertizing? Does it make sense to the public? Is it 'catchy'? All of these points should be considered, unfortunately many domainers do not consider them. Yes it is true advertising revenue is flowing away from traditional media to the net, but it will not all be net bound, people still buy newspapers and watch television and listen to the radio, could the domain name be expressed easily in these formats (think of the problems 'UTube' has had by people mistaking it for 'YouTube', this is due to hearing the name rather than seeing it! Is the domain you think of explainable in no more than six/seven words?

Remember that search engines are getting cleverer and searches are becoming geographic for results. The only way to beat this is by having a domain that is searched for numerous times and then popularity of the search will defeat this, especially with a developed website which if popular most will bookmark anyway!

Just my 2 cents worth.

I am sure you will now get a load of advice saying the opposite. :)

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would take a .cc over a .ws, if I had to choose between the two.

I've rarely seen a .ws sell, more often seen .cc sell.

I only buy .cc if it's a very strong keyword, and there aren't many left.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would take a .cc over a .ws, if I had to choose between the two.

I've rarely seen a .ws sell, more often seen .cc sell.

I only buy .cc if it's a very strong keyword, and there aren't many left.

I bet you see more .ws developed than .cc though...

xdn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I love .cc and .tv.
I am so lucky that I have 5 figure sales this year in both of the two extensions.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ws over cc, tv, for generics other than credit cards or television.

.us will come on strong with 50% of the small and medium us businesses still NOT having a website, and .com out of range.

MasterOfMyDomain

Co-Founder & CEO of Book Like A Boss
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.tv is the new .com

In two years it will be the second most popular domain next to the .com (IMO)

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I seen .TV on a few TV ads, it may not be the next .com but it could get some high usage say no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom