Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
  • You must be a member of DNForum for a minimum of 30 days and have contributed to the community prior to being allowed to post an offer or create a new discussion of an affiliate program. This notice will disappear when your account is eligible.

You may also contact support if you feel you are receiving this message in error.
Domain summit 2024

If I distribute a 1000 flyers for Dish Network does 10 sales sound reasonable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abcd

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
These are professional high quality flyers, they are special ordered and created from Dish Network's reseller. I didn't make these flyers myself and they're on glossy paper not regular paper.

Does 10 sales out of a 1000 flyers distributed in a nice neighborhood/apts. sound reasonable?

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did you pay for these flyers? If so, did you figure into the cost ordering the flyers?

abcd

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah, they cost $50 for a 1000, it's a really good deal, I've ordered them before as well they're professional flyers, not like they printed on a "regular" home computer/printer. Only inconvience is that you have to write or stamp your promo code on all the flyers. I figured out a way to put them in my home printer and print the promo code on the flyers.

March2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe the best time would be after a cable outage, when customers angry.

Joe

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
seems like a lot of effort for not so much return? I think I'd rather operate a lemonade stand. :greensighw:

-Joe

abcd

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can use the exersize, I need to lose some weight. I'm trying to find out if my goal is too high expecting 10 sales, if I can get atleast 10 sales then it would be worth it for me to try out.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think a 1% (10/1000) return is still a bit high. Remind yourself how many times you've received similar fliers in your mailbox or under your windshield wipers. There is VERY high resistance to this type of advertising. I would even go so far as to say that the more professional, the more likely it is to be ignored (a good poor-quality inkjet copy might actually work better, because it may get their attention and they may actually read it, versus disposing it unread).

But that's just me. I don't know if your neighbors will have similar resistance.

The idea about waiting until right after a cable outage is a great idea. That's taking advantage of opportunity! :)

I would expect maybe 2-3 out of 1000.

abcd

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How would I know if there is a cable outage? I don't have cable

abcd

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What if I offer $50 cash if they sign up with Dish Network? I'd wait 6-8 weeks until I send payment to make sure they stay with Dish Network after 30 days, or do you think this could mess me up? I'm splitting my comission, and I'll get the "fine print" from my affiliate regarding comission and include that with the offer.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What if I offer $50 cash if they sign up with Dish Network? I'd wait 6-8 weeks until I send payment to make sure they stay with Dish Network after 30 days, or do you think this could mess me up? I'm splitting my comission, and I'll get the "fine print" from my affiliate regarding comission and include that with the offer.

I don't think the cash reward will do much. Pretty much all I've ever done is sales and sales training. Just putting flyers on cars really isn't selling. Maybe giving the flyers directly to people and being prepared to talk to them would be a good approach. Preparation is key to sales:

1) Be prepared to make a person understand why they should do this.
2) Be prepared to respond to the resistence you might receive.
3) Be prepared to make it as easy as possible for the customer to complete the transaction. Figure out any ways you can help them.

zzz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
10 sales/1000 does sound pretty optimistic. You have to also keep in mind that you are competing against dish network itself on tv, newspapers, etc. When you land that sale, you need to make sure they mention that promo code.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some of your flyers could linger around for awhile. More sales should come in.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Who knows without trying? It's only $50, and you get some good exercise.

After you try the Dish Network program, perhaps also compare it to a similar campaign with a competing DIRECTV affiliate program. There is one here: http://www.dishrevenue.com

Please let us know the results!

My guess is if you can make a personal connection with the customers, you will do alot better. Sure it will take more of your time, but your conversion rate will be MUCH higher.

domainstosell

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1-2 sales is more reasonable.

Response rate on flyers like this usually isn't overly high.

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
1 - 2 sales at best is all you can expect, unless you distribute the flyers to a highly targeted group of individuals.

If untargeted, i'd say zero sale.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agree with the 2/1000 response. Make sure you don't stick them in the mailbox. The USPS considers it their property, and the Postal Inspector might hit you up for the $390 for postage. Especially if you happen to hit the mailbox of a cable employee.

zojila

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
have a good looking chic in high heels and short skirt pass your flyers. then watch your signups skyrocket.

try this fast. even in steamy dallas it can get chilly this time of the year.

zzz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You could also distribute them at some event, like a festival. Clear it with organizers of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom