Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

If it smells like BS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Never in all my years at Sedo have I had this happen.

Once, when I cancelled a bid, it was 3 days before auction's end.

Despite having confirmation from one of Sedo notorious agents' of the bid cancellation, the auction proceded and I was declared the winner.

I was totally unaware of this until I get an email from sedo perhaps a week or so later.

To make a long story short, even though I provided proof of this to Sedo, this dispute went on for nearly two months.

To make matters worse, the seller was a member here.

Even though Sedo does not make a practice to identify buyers during the auction, I got the members' info from the WHOIS and made the contact about 3 or 4 weeks into this dispute. He clearly understood.

I ended up paying for the domain as there was clearly no way I was going to win as Sedo, even though I supplied all the email correspondence between me and the agent involved, Sedo claimed they had no record of it.

Today, I get a letter from sedo:

Dear Mr. ---------,

Unfortunately, Sedo must cancel this transaction as the buyer made an unintended bid for the domain (vcvc).com. Depending on the circumstances of the bidding process Sedo may suspend the buyer’s account as a result.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused and please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any further queries.

Best regards,

Erich

This has got to be a record for sedo.

With 6 hours remaining in a seven day auction, a bid is placed.

In less than 24 hours of the auction's close, Sedo cancels the bid, the auction, and the entire transaction - even though there were a total of three bidders.

If it smells like BS, there is a good chance that is what is was.

Seems to me Sedo is kissing someone's rose colored arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom