Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

if .org is taken, should I reg .com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duskdawn

DN.CC
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
was doing regular search today and found two 4 letter .com are available. For one of them, .org has been regged with a german website, for the other one, .biz has been regged without developed site. Do you think I need to reg the .coms for both?

Domain Days 2024

andyat11

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well its worth a shot to reg it makes sence if they goto the .org they'll prolly goto the .com

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For the .biz related .com that is probably someone that just speculated and reged the .biz , and maybe speculated because the .com was registered before but now dropped , I would forget that one unless the .com is good letters.

The .org related one I would try and check how popular that german website is , if it gets pretty good traffic then I would reg it.

good luck!

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sure. At least in terms of the .org / .com case you should register the .com
domain to see whether it receives some traffic. Registration fees are under
$10, so it's really worth to try. Good luck!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I've known of at least 2 .org domains with lots of Google results where the .com is not taken. I wonder if it's worth to reg those.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
I've known of at least 2 .org domains with lots of Google results where the .com is not taken. I wonder if it's worth to reg those.
What could be said against it?

The domains' keywords seem to be quite popular if the domains have got lots of Google results. Especially if there are some PPC ads.

duskdawn

DN.CC
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you guys, I regged both. Even if I cannot make a retail sale to the enduser, the 4 letter .com are sure worth a try in the future at wholesale market.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
duskdawn said:
Thank you guys, I regged both. Even if I cannot make a retail sale to the enduser, the 4 letter .com are sure worth a try in the future at wholesale market.
Good luck with your domains!

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
duskdawn said:

if they were available for register fee, maybe the .org didnt want them. Park it to see whats the traffi like.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am actually eyeing a .com whose .net and .org counterparts have been registered (and at least one of them comes with an active website). But since I'm not exactly a domain speculator, I'm still wondering whether to register it or not. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom