Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

I'm betting someone here in the forum is a real SCUMBAG!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kingdon

OK let me set the stage. I have been reading about people stealing domain names and it doesn't seem to hard to do. So I thought I should check out my old sites and it's a damn good thing I did. 2 years ago I opened a site called CutThroatDon.com, our slogan was we kill the competition. Any way I let it drop because I thought the name was a little to violent. The contacts on that were to another site I regged called HTML911, and the contacts on that were for my main sites today.

As in all the other cases here where people lost their domains because of outdated contact info, someone picked up my CutThroatDon.com and am sure they were waiting for the HTML911 to drop in a few months. This would have given them the power over my other sites. The contact info on CutThroatDon.com is so bogus right now, have never seen anything like this. And all they did was backtrack my info until they found one that was dropped. And I'm betting it's someone right here in the forum.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's the name of the game for some. Sorry about your experience. Best thing I can say to you is move on to something else.

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you must be very careful about your whois info.
and don't say it's someone here if you don't have enough clue.

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't understand what the problem is. You let a name drop and someone bought it - that's the way the system works. If they put dodgy info. in the registration, that doesn't really affect you any more. I don't understand why you are worried about your current names, am I missing something here?

K

kingdon

There is no reason to get this name (CutThroatDon.com), no traffic, no use other than the fact that it was the contact domain for HTML911.com, and then when they got that one(HTML), that was the contact for my bread and butter sites.

There is no resale value of CutThroatDon.com and the only people who are up on this game are the members here. So I'm sure that it's someone here in the forum. Don't know who, don't really care, just letting you all know it almost happened to me. There's a reason the contact info is bogus, theres a reason they took this particular name, and the intent is obviously to inflict some type of damage to me, any other conclusion would be naive.

Don

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That sort of thing happens all the time. It can be prevented.

Just a couple months ago, I came across a large company. It does more than 100 million dollars in business each year. Their admin's email in the whois was a domain that had expired. I contacted about 6 people from their company, President, Vice President, their "contact us" email, and a bunch of other people. They did nothing. I just checked to see if that expired name was registered, it is. I just checked the whois for that company, they didn't fix the whois yet. I guess its only time until they lose their company domain name.

RMF

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry but I could not get it. If you are worried about your html911.com then change its whois so that only you can have it.

K

kingdon

I did change it, changed them all. The point is that like most people, I don't think of ways to steal or hijack domains, so this was never a priority. Those who see my point understand the situation. Those who don't are either smarter than me, or foolish.

I would have never even thought about this whole stealing domains issue, I read some posts here and saw it was happening and checked my old sites. Sure I could of, should of, but I didn't keep up with the contact info. I've been doing this net thing for only a few years, so maybe I'm not savvy like most of you. It just seems so obvious.

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, YOU have to be extremely careful when dropping names. I can't imagine intentionaly dropping a name whose e-mail zone is used for administering other domains. Its crazy.

DrWho

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to point out that you appear to be blaming others for your own carelessness.

K

kingdon

"blaming others for your own carelessness"

Are you on Crack? Does this look like someone who was lucky to grab a great name because I let it drop? Am I blaming the thief for trying to steal my other domains? I think we can stick to the mere obviousness that it was carelessness that led to this. I don't need to be reminded of the unbelievably obviousness that it was me who was careless. But I suppose you feel better, because that post wasn't for anyones benefit but your own.

I must be the crazy one here DrWho, because you make absolutely no sense to me with your comment. I can't even fathom how you came to this conclusion. Your logic seems to be on the other side of the spectrum. But I guess we can agree that we disagree.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not gonna call you paranoid, becuase this type of thing does happen, unfortunately.

But for you to make a "bet" that the "scumbag" is on this forum is out of line. Nothing was stolen.

Glad you didn't lose it, but don't go bashing the forum and members.

K

kingdon

Don't see where I'm bashing the forum and members. I do bet that it's someone from here as this is the only forum I belong to on-line. If it wasn't for the forum I wouldn't have even thought about checking this out. So I only have praise for the forum.

As for the members, some I feel have real insight and helpful knowledge that contribute to the betterment of the forum. While others are idiots that post senseless comments that make no sense at all to me. I have read your posts before doberry and respect your opinions, they seem to come with knowledge. But my logic points me to this forum for the culprit. And you know as well as I that there are those among us here that steal domains.

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems like you get the last laugh if someone paid $7+ for that crummy domain.

And remember not to leave the keys in the ignition when you park your car in the ghetto.

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by -RJ-
And remember not to leave the keys in the ignition when you park your car in the ghetto.

Word!

K

kingdon

That's a funny analogy RJ, made me smile. And I guess he did waste his money and time trying to do this. Which makes room in his schedule for the next unsuspecting person, as I'm now off his calender. Yea baby WORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom