Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Wanted: Service I'm from the Far East and I need help ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneguy

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi gurus,

I'm living in the Far East right now i.e. Singapore and have just got laid off. So basically, I am unemployed.

I am not looking for millions and I understand that making money is hard work. As such, I am willing to toil and work for my money. But with me here in Singapore, I don't really know what might be "sellable" in the US market.

I'm hoping to embark on some web-selling and hopefully be able to use my strategic location and provide a bridge between the Greater China regions and the US market. I am looking towards sourcing my supplies from China and providing them for sale in the US market via the internet.

By any chance, would any of you gurus have any advice for me? I do believe that most of you are located in the US market and would be extremely familiar with the needs and wants of these people.

I do know and understand that this might be strategic information that you might want to keep to yourself, but without trying and asking, I really wouldn't know if any of you might reply. In any case, I don't think there is any harm trying my luck.

Please pardon my boldness and straight-forwardness.

I was looking at some items from China like
- umbrellas
- leather wallets, coin purse
- embroidery
- laptop hacksack bags

I already have the supplier contacts for these but was wondering if these would appeal to the US market auidence.

Additionally, if any of you are looking for supplies of a particular product, that might be produced locally in Singapore or China please PM or reply in this post. I'm due to leave for China on a sourcing visit on Thursday and would gladly add the product on my "lookout" lists ...

Thank you and truely appreciate your time for reading and replying.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Left hand monkey wrenches<---------very hard to find here in usa!

oneguy

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mmm, is there a particular difference between right-handed and left-handed monkey wrenches? I'm right-handed and I'm really thinking how it might be for a left-handed ....

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes , the difference being in the harmonic balancing point. In the case of the left handed wrencher , the right handed monkey wrench poses a problem with the centrifical force having to be applied from the right hand as opposed to the left hand , where the natural power of the wrencher is optimized. Depending whether the wrencher is wrenching vertically or horizontally this can cause different results to occur.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay - enough zipsearch - the guy is unemployed and asking for help!
Oneguy - ignore him :)

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
just kidding Oneguy, good luck with you biz!

dotman

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i beleive computer games are cheaper in the far east, they will always sell. Electronic goods also cheaper over there.

I cant see anyone buying a umberrella online when they could just as easily buy one from their local shop for only a couple of dollars. wallets could be a good idea as long as they are designer and alot cheaper than there usual price, cheap postage too.

What about football (soccer) kits? Most of them are made over there anyway so you must be able to get hold of them cheap. They would definately sell in england and europe. Big teams like Liverpool FC and Manchester Utd would be a good choice as they are massive clubs and very marketable

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would think that shipping costs would effect your choices greatly. If I were you I would try for internet delivered goods/services....better yet make your business helping business people in China sell to the English speaking markets...or possibly even better still help all of us sell to China :)

Nitroshock

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Zipsearch, contact me regarding this left-handed monkey wrench you speak of... I need a left handed swinging wrench too (sometimes mis-spelled as hammer).

Oneguy, I think your biggest problem is going to be shipping and importing, no matter what the products are.

Leather wallets - good, especially designer wallets, this might be a possibility
umbrellas, etc - not so good, most people here will just go buy one for a couple bucks if/when they need it.

For ideas, check out ebay. That'll tell you exactly what the people here are buying. I'm thinking a lot of things could do well at weekend flea markets or even online if you find the right people to work with.

Good luck and enjoy being unemployed. The pay sucks but the hours are great.
-Nitro

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom