Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

I'm having trouble getting members in my forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPinelli

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

as you probably have seen me post about ***.com i'm having trouble getting members in the forums.

I've posted messages at other sites, newsgroups, etc and nothing. The traffic is increasing, up over 50 uniques a day and lots of first page and number one results for top keywords. MSNSearch really likes my domain, number one for portable and personal video players.

But regardless, i cant get members. Is it the way my site is designed? I really dont understand, i have 3 members, one guy never posted, and another is a friend.

any ideas?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MPinelli said:
im not advertising, you can delete the reference to the domain. having the link in my sig to me is more an advertisement than my post.

this is a general talk forum, i asked a respectable question.

Hi

there is no issue with discussing "things in general", however it becomes advertising when a specific domain or website address in posted.

more pertinent info may be derived by posting via the link i provided, you could include the link to your website.

it could also increase your membership!

Arsenik

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This site might be for you : www.theadminzone.com

The Admin Zone is an online Community of Bulletin Board owners and administrators dedicated to the exchange of ideas and information relating to all aspects of managing Message Board Communities. Our goal is to become the leading resource for every Bulletin Board Administrator seeking the information and advice needed to plan, launch, and manage their online Communities.
They have some good articles : www.theadminzone.com/forums/articles.php

For example : www.theadminzone.com/forums/articles.php?do=viewarticle&aid=6884
Creating A Successful Forum

The Beginning
If you are just starting your forum, it is very important to make sure everything works. One of the things that could hurt your forum is if your users find errors that disallow them use of your forums features. When I first started my forum, I did a 1 month "Beta-testing" period, where I got some good friends I know to come to the board and just post. It lasted much longer than expected, mainly because they kept finding error after error (do note, that at the time I was fairly new to vBulletin and so made plenty of errors). If you're just running the default version of vBulletin, with no additional changes, then there is a 95% chance that there will be no errors in the actual board itself if you set it up properly...
Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom