Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

I'm looking to upgrade to a vps but wanted to know if a reseller program would work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj3strikes

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I currently use

1. Bandwidth: 120 Gbs a month
  2. Disk Space: 6 gbs and growing
  3. Sites: 20 Websites, Most popular averages 120,000 visits a month, can peak to 10k a day.

The main reason I'm upgrading is because I cant take traffic spikes. I was thinking of the gold vps plan with future hosting. It has a 10mbs connection and 768 ram.

I want to be able to sell hosting either through a reseller or a piece of my vps. If I get more then 10 customers ill upgrade to a dedicated. I already do freelance design and wanted to be a one stop shop. I'm also looking in to domain resellers any luck with them? They all look the same to me.

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would say that a reseller could do the same thing. It really depends on who you go with and the plan.

Honestly if you have the budget I would just go with the dedicated to begin with just so you dont have to do so later.

ohkus

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Check out www.linode.com, I recommend their dallas location. They can do VPS services pretty cheap and are better than futurehosting imho.

I'd stay away from a reseller account with that traffic.

To note you can do upgrades with linode as you grow that are pretty painless.

dj3strikes

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would say that a reseller could do the same thing. It really depends on who you go with and the plan.

Honestly if you have the budget I would just go with the dedicated to begin with just so you dont have to do so later.
I don't, and I need managed to help with the server. I havent fully managed a server yet so give me 6 months of toying with it and then I could find one in my budget.

I was thinking I would have the same problem with a reseller (ie:cpu resources, limited connections,) I hate getting suspended by my host.

Have any of you had any luck with reselling? I figure If I have a vps or dedicated i could offer better performance but with a reseller wouldnt you be a needle in a haystack?

dncsacnt

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hi, with that amount of traffic, i would recommend vps instead of reseller hosting, and upgrade to dedicated server later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom