Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.IM renewal rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uclaboyz

TopCars.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but I just lost a .IM domain name (registered at Moniker). The expiration date is 8/13, but on 7/13 they deleted it from my account, and gave me this explanation when I contacted Moniker support:

According to the renewal rules for this TLD. This domain name have to be renewed 60 days prior to the expiration date.

Once the domain name is deleted we cannot restore it.

Is this true? This almost sounds ridiculous.

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ahh... complete Bullsh*t....

They DELETED the domain a month early? umm, no way, no how, no where is that ok.

Also, their explanation about .IM rules? Completely false, per the IM registry itself:
"Notification of domain expiry will be sent to by email all the nominated contacts 60
days, 30 days, 5 days and 1 day prior to expiry followed by final notification of expiry
at which time the domain is de-listed from the .im domain name Servers and becomes
available for registration by any party after a period of 1 month has elapsed. The
notification periods may be subject to change, and such changes will be published on
the www.nic.im web site.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The specific terms can be different depending on whether you registered the name with nic.im direct or through a registrar.
It's common for ccTLDs to renew automatically, so the registrars need to know in advance if you intend to renew because they have to pay the registry before the domain expires.

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Katherine, deleting the name a month early is not common, nor legal. The registrant already paid for a full 12 months registration, not 11.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would shoot an E-mail to nic.im.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom