Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

I'm sick of all the Asian tld spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm used to getting a few of those "someone is trying to register your TM so we'll let you register it through us in .cn /.com.cn /.net.cn/.hk/ .asia/ and tell the other guy to shove off" spams.

Today I'm getting bombarded and they're changing up the from address so I had to key on the subject to filter them into my junk folder.

Dear Sir/Madam 2009-9-5

We are a internet service (software development, website design and development, wifi network works to promote the protection of brands, search engine optimization, etc.) company in China,

Several days ago we received a formal application submited by Robert Jiang who wanted to use the keyword "MY DOMAIN NAME WITHOUT THE .COM" to register the Internet Brand and with

suffix .cn /.com.cn /.net.cn/.hk/ .asia/ domain names.

After our initial checking through Internet , we found that the keyword "MY DOMAIN NAME WITHOUT THE .COM" to be applied for registration is same as your keyword.Accordingly,before we finish his registration,we would like to get your final decision about this,whether you mind his registration,if you believe his registration would affect your bussiness and produce conflict,then we could give your priority to register them,as the keyword is first used by your company.However,if you do not think so,please advise of that and then we will finish his registration.

For proceeding the next step, Please contact us by Fax ,Telephone or Email as soon as possible. Under the circumstance of no your reply during the next 5 working days ,we will consider you to give it up and finish his registration.

Yours sincerely

Lucy

Checking Department
Tel: 86 513 85330968
Fax: 86 513 80260106
Email:[email protected]
Mail No.:2166366

Can any of the Asian registries shut these spammers down? Or are they happy with the extra registrations?

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mate
these spams agreed has increased to x folds in last 2-3 months.
but if you see, it is not asian but majorly with .cn domain extn only.

as u must be aware, .cn has govt controlled registrations (this is what i know and heard) and the govt. keeps an eye on not only the domains , site content but also the source of the traffic.

just avoid this mail and mak them as SPAM is what possibly the best we can do..
i keep getting mails which says
1. you ot this .com domain, we have the .net which is soon to expire, lah blah.
2. You got this domain (tlds/ cctlds), we got this yyyyyy.cn domain balh bloah..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom