Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Im still learning question

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindmar

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a few domains that I have fund that are available to register...

They are PR4's PR3's and PR2's..

However, I wouldnt say they are amazingly useful domains. But for the low cost of registration are they worth buying and are they resellable? Or,. will they still get some type of traffic being PR2,3 and 4's?

Thanks

Sorry, im stupid.. I do know that there have been cases when page ranks have been dropped. However, some of these domains still have links outhere and alexa rankings..

Blarian

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PageRank alone means absolutely nothing..

Here are somethings you can do to make sure the PageRank is complimented by some backlinks, and other attributes that would make it valuable:

• Run the domains through all the functions at marketleap.com - self explanatory and they give some explanation. Look up "link pop" for more information.
  • Go to google and type "site:www.example.com" replacing, example.com with the domain names. Make sure you get at least some results with the exact domain in question.
  • Go to google and check how many pages are linking to your domain, by typing: "link:www.example.com"
  • Go to www.prlookup.com and type in the domain names, double check the PageRank
  • Go to whois.sc type in your domain name and at the top it will tell you if the domain has a Yahoo or DMOZ listing.
Those things will at least get you started, maybe others can add, expand or elaborate on that list to help you determine if the domains are valuable.

Again, PageRank ALONE means nothing. It's like saying a car is fast because it's red.

lindmar

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fp1, thanks very much for clarifiying...

as I said, im still learning.. I still want your domain with 14,000 uniques per day..
I dont have 10 g's though :)

Blarian

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sure, no problem. That is really general info in my last post, if you read these forums and other free resources online you will learn a lot very quicly.

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FP1 said:
[*]Go to google and type "site:www.example.com" replacing, example.com with the domain names. Make sure you get at least some results with the exact domain in question.

FP1, great use of example.com! Maybe they were right to reserve it after all.. http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=87760

I'm not much of a natural engine optimizer myself, so how does google determine what page rank to assign to a webpage? I just bought a name with a PR5 and have some others with PR5 and 6's and wondered what got them that high of a rank and what might cause it to drop. Plus, how specifically does it help in the first place.

Blarian

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yah, that's what example.com is around for :wink:

Nobody outside the gates of the Googleplex knows as fact, more about PageRank than what is on this page: http://www.google.com/technology/

Sure, there are lots of easy assumptions that can be made.. but unfortunately and due to them changing their algorithm so often NOTHING is certain other than what you hear directly from Google.

That in mind, my posts and anyone else about optimization or getting a high PageRank should be taken with a grain of salt.

IMO, if your pages naturally have a high PR, it's MAINLY due to lots of relevant inbound links to current or previous content pages. (lots more factors which are mostly unknown or speculation)

There ARE methods to fake PageRank, such as blackhat redirection methods used by scammers who try to sell domains with a high PR to newbies. These domains as soon as google updates toolbar PR again, have no value and the only initial value was due to a fake PR reading.

• PageRank is NOT important to focus on.
  • PageRank does NOT mean anything, necessarily.
If you want to get good quality Google referrals, you should focus on creating QUALITY relevant content for your website. You should also focus on quality links to your website. Buying links for the sole purpose of increasing your PR is against Google's policies and WILL get you penalized if you abuse it. Recipricol links will work just fine, however don't create a huge page of "links." Put your links on content pages in an appropriate location, rather than smashing them into one page.

Another point is to be VERY CAREFUL when registerring a dropped domain with PR. Googleguy of webmasterworld.com (www.googleguy.com) - an unknown google employee has confirmed that they will, can and have penalized domains that were "used" and had dropped.

Look at my signature, it says I'm looking for domains with PR5 or higher with DMOZ listings. Why do I look for DMOZ listings and not just PR? It filters out "bad" PR domains with good ones. Domains that are listed in DMOZ almost always have legitimate PR. If someone offers to sell you a "PR" domain with 0 backlinks when you go to google and type link:www.example.com, then the domain is either brand new or something fishy is going on.

NameYourself said:
FP1, great use of example.com! Maybe they were right to reserve it after all.. http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=87760

I'm not much of a natural engine optimizer myself, so how does google determine what page rank to assign to a webpage? I just bought a name with a PR5 and have some others with PR5 and 6's and wondered what got them that high of a rank and what might cause it to drop. Plus, how specifically does it help in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom