Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

moniker Impossible to Manage Transfers within Moniker Account

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I currently have two newly-acquired domains stuck in transfers to Moniker, because I had started the transfer for these domains (together with other domains) when those two domains' whois database hadn't updated yet, so the authorization request was sent to the original owner's address. I could therefore not authorize the transfers, and they're stuck. My fault for having initiated the transfer too early, although the domains I'd like to transfer are .US domains and the whois was very slow to update.

But here's my complain: There is no way to manage domain transfers within your Moniker account! This is just terrible, because it costs valuable time to contact customer support and wait for them to reply. If there was some sort of function in my account, I could just cancel and restart the transfers myself within minutes. I know there are other customers requesting this, too. For example: http://www.dnforum.com/f208/deleting-error-transfers-thread-362647.html

There is a transfer page listing all domain transfers in progress, and there are check boxes next to each transfer, but there are no buttons to do anything with them! This is just silly because I can select the transfers but can't do anything with them. Moniker really needs to add some functionality to that page. This will make customers happy and at the same time it will save Moniker money because people can then manage their transfers themselves instead of having to contact customer support.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is a transfer page listing all domain transfers in progress, and there are check boxes next to each transfer, but there are no buttons to do anything with them!

Next to the domain name is there a "edit" button ??
if so try to re-enter the auth code..
Worth a try

G/L

jim

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can a couple of things:
1.) Let the transfer system continue to try to transfer the names daily. When they are ready to be transferred the system will proceed.
2.) Edit the EPP code. With registrars where the code can be regenerated, sometimes the codes change and you have to reenter them.
3.) Contact support (I suggest contacting DNF member Bari) and request the transfer be cancelled and your account be credited.

Sometimes when I win a name on snapnames or elsewhere and want to transfer it and not forget about the name, I will request the transfer in advance. This way I receive the transfer update emails and I can keep track of the status.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have one transfer pending more than NINE month and Moniker still sends me email about it EVERY DAY. I am letting it this way to see how long they will be sending it...maybe indefinitely...

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have one transfer pending more than NINE month and Moniker still sends me email about it EVERY DAY. I am letting it this way to see how long they will be sending it...maybe indefinitely...

When you open it what does it say the status is? It will be indefinitely if it says its locked or epp code is wrong.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When you open it what does it say the status is? It will be indefinitely if it says its locked or epp code is wrong.
Yes it says EPP is wrong and I no more want to transfer it there I transfered somewhere else long time ago. Now I am just letting it be "pending" see how many years Moniker will keep sending the "transfer pending" crap instead of simply close transfers which failed as every normal registrar does. While it could be somewhat useful feature letting it go ad infinitum is not that good anymore

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes it says EPP is wrong and I no more want to transfer it there I transfered somewhere else long time ago. Now I am just letting it be "pending" see how many years Moniker will keep sending the "transfer pending" crap instead of simply close transfers which failed as every normal registrar does. While it could be somewhat useful feature letting it go ad infinitum is not that good anymore

I am sure its automated and it will continue indefinitely. Instead, I would simply PM Bari or email Moniker to cancel the transfer and give your funds back.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It only fails if there's a reason! It could be the domain was never approved for transfer OR it means that the EPP code is invalid OR the domain is locked at the losing registrar.

Dodo1 and Denny007 - Please email me directly at [email protected] and I will check on both your transfers!

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I didn't have any problem with the EPP codes, etc. I know that the transfer was not being completed because the email requesting the authorization had been sent to the wrong email address. I just wanted to cancel the transfer and start it again so I could approve it. As said, this is not possible from the transfer page within the customer's Moniker account.

@Bari: FYI, Moniker's support has resent the email with the authorization link by now, so the transfers should go through now, but things would have gone much faster if I had been able to manage the transfers myself instead of having had to ask Moniker for help.

(Thanks to everyone who replied with tips anyway!)

Regarding my complaint or feature request, it can always happen that there is an error when initiating a transfer, but for customers it's not possible to correct the error themselves or simply cancel the transfer. That's especially frustrating because the system will try to complete the erroneous transfer forever. I think Moniker should really add more functionality to the transfer page (or in a first step at least remove the check boxes, because they're completely useless).

Last edited:

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I didn't have any problem with the EPP codes, etc. I know that the transfer was not being completed because the email requesting the authorization had been sent to the wrong email address. I just wanted to cancel the transfer and start it again so I could approve it. As said, this is not possible from the transfer page within the customer's Moniker account.

@Bari: FYI, Moniker's support has resent the email with the authorization link by now, so the transfers should go through now, but things would have gone much faster if I had been able to manage the transfers myself instead of having had to ask Moniker for help.

(Thanks to everyone who replied with tips anyway!)

Regarding my complaint or feature request, it can always happen that there is an error when initiating a transfer, but for customers it's not possible to correct the error themselves or simply cancel the transfer. That's especially frustrating because the system will try to complete the erroneous transfer forever. I think Moniker should really add more functionality to the transfer page (or in a first step at least remove the check boxes, because they're completely useless).

Thanks for the heads up dodo1! I'm glad it all worked out. As always, should you need immediate assistance, feel free to contact me directly! :cheers:

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am sure its automated and it will continue indefinitely. Instead, I would simply PM Bari or email Moniker to cancel the transfer and give your funds back.
I don't care the funds, this was one of MANY reasons why I stopped using Moniker. Have to open ticket and wait for weeks to have it answered (after I wrote Monte for intervention ?). No, thanks. I am filtering those emails so I do not really get them, I will check every year if I am still getting them, will be fun

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't care the funds, this was one of MANY reasons why I stopped using Moniker. Have to open ticket and wait for weeks to have it answered (after I wrote Monte for intervention ?). No, thanks. I am filtering those emails so I do not really get them, I will check every year if I am still getting them, will be fun

If there is anything I can do to assist denny007 - let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom