Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Impressed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've had a Parked account for a while, but only recently started putting names into it. I've got to give credit where it's due, the CTR is more than double what I was getting before, and the RPC is higher too.

Many domains are getting triple figure CTR. Some recently hand regged names are on first page at Google. Getting paid twice a month.

Wish I'd used the account ages ago....

Not all parking companies are equal, and I've just realised how much some of them have been taking the piss!

Domain Days 2024

EG.domains

GenericDomainMarket.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Parked is awesome parking service.

Actually, It's the best among all other services I tried.

BTW, You can double your revenue If you optimized your domains well using Parked futures (Title Tag, Meta Tags, Templates, Removing "unrelated" keywords" etc..)

Two of my recent experience with Parked:

- Domain has "strong" back links and used to make "$0.10 - $0.25" daily at Sedo .. I moved it to Parked 3 months ago and it makes (since then) "$1.25 - $2.75" daily. Sometimes it hits $5+ a day.

- Another Domain has type-in traffic I did my best to optimize it at "Sedo, Bodis, NameDrive" and maximum what I did was $0.30 a day. I tried to sell it back then and couldn't even get $35 for it. And luckly "it didn't sell" so I moved it to Parked and after a few tweaks I was able to make $1+ daily. Month later I sold it for $375 :)

Go Parked!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Parked.com and the team that makes it all work is one of the best period. Anyone who has yet to bring your traffic names over to parked needs to give them a shot, a great place to park and VERY domainer friendly! ;)

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yep, I have lots of domains that dont make anything in other parking sites but make $1-5/day at parked

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm having the opposite affect. Domains that were getting 3-5 hits a day are getting 1 (or less?) a day now with no clicks.

Odd how much traffic is affected by this (not just clicks).

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
could be bot traffic that is being filtered out.

I have a domain that gets 20 uniques/day on parked, and on domain sponsor it gets around 1000 uniques/day. After consulting with my account rep at parked, I found out that all that traffic comes from bots, which are filtered out at parked. The human traffic is around 20 uniques/day. Not only that, but at parked the name has 100% clickthrough and makes around $5/day, whereas at DS it makes $1-3/day

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It seems that Parked adapts its filters. A traffic domain was getting lots of recorded hits at Sedo, the traffic remained the same at Parked for 2-3 days then dropped to zero. Moved it back to Sedo and the numbers are back.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We like to block dump bots, any bot that does a certain thing more than x times gets the canned.

Donny

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Donny, in my case the traffic was from image requests; the domain used to be a repository of images.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Broken images are basically 404's. We still show the page, but we don't count it unless the person actually does something.

Donny

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Hmm, that'd explain the difference in figures :) thanks.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Broken images are basically 404's. We still show the page, but we don't count it unless the person actually does something.
Donny

I assume any 404's are not monetized for the domain owner, right? So is it OK for the 404's to be forwarded somewhere else providing it can be done?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
404s end up on the same parking page, they are valid requests and IMO they should count as visits. What the visitor does from that point onwards is another question. But if you drop 404s outright as visits, what happens if they do click?

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
404s end up on the same parking page, they are valid requests and IMO they should count as visits. What the visitor does from that point onwards is another question. But if you drop 404s outright as visits, what happens if they do click?

I think this answers your question: "we don't count it unless the person actually does something" - what else would he do besides clicking

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually, let me explain how we handle everything.

A hit to the domain itself is a visitor. A 404 and broken images are shown the normal page, but are not counted as a visitor unless they actually do something.

We handle the 404/broken image this way, as do a few other parking companies because a 404 and a broken image in 99.9% of the cases are not what the user wanted to see. We have been counting this way for about 5 years after we had a domain that was getting close to 200,000 broken images a day. We do count them internally as 404's, and we do plan on showing them as a stat in the near future. But we don't consider a 404 or a broken image to be a visitor.

Just so everybody knows that as of today, 86% of all 404's are rss, torrent, or broken images.

If showing the 404 is really important, I can probably move that implementation a little sooner.

Donny

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's not a big deal, however in my case the eventual non-counting of the hits made me move the domain back to Sedo. The visitors were looking for desktop images and that's what the domain was optimized as. Not sure why the counter worked for 2-3 days (hits, clicks and referrers all worked - traffic was mostly Asian).

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Donny, then I assume it's OK with you for the 404's to be forwarded somewhere else providing it can be accomplished by the domain owner, right?

Actually, let me explain how we handle everything.

A hit to the domain itself is a visitor. A 404 and broken images are shown the normal page, but are not counted as a visitor unless they actually do something.

We handle the 404/broken image this way, as do a few other parking companies because a 404 and a broken image in 99.9% of the cases are not what the user wanted to see. We have been counting this way for about 5 years after we had a domain that was getting close to 200,000 broken images a day. We do count them internally as 404's, and we do plan on showing them as a stat in the near future. But we don't consider a 404 or a broken image to be a visitor.

Just so everybody knows that as of today, 86% of all 404's are rss, torrent, or broken images.

If showing the 404 is really important, I can probably move that implementation a little sooner.

Donny

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trader - If you can figure out how to redirect 404's, it's not going to bother me. I can tell you that many people make very good money from 404's. Broken images on the other hand, don't generate much money at all.

Donny

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Here's a suggestion:

Use your own DNS, capture all 404 traffic then use the URL forwarding method to reach the domain's parked page at Parked.com

Would that be acceptable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom