Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Impressions vs. uniques?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

hotdog_pk

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
maybe you are the impressions but it doesnt count your own IP as a unique... just a thought.

(maybe it logs your IP so that you dont go on and click banners yourself)

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hotdog_pk said:
maybe you are the impressions but it doesnt count your own IP as a unique... just a thought.

(maybe it logs your IP so that you dont go on and click banners yourself)

Thanks 4 the thought, but that can't be, at least not straight forwardly - because I don't visit any of them. The only time the system can log my ip is when I go to general administrative area to check the stats on these domains.

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
weird..

every computer has an ip

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
as far as i remember the terminology, and impression is when someone 'sees' an ad or a page without clicking on it. Once clicked, the impression becomes a 'click'.
uniques, are the individual IPs that visit the site on a gaven time period.

So, in theory, someone has seen part of your site, perhaps 'internally through fabulous, without actually typing in the complete URL.

yonimlm

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The way I presume it can happen is if Fabulous counts 24-hour unique ips as actually 'unique visitors'. So for example if one person enters the page in the 23rd hour of day 1, when he enters 2 additional times in the 5th hour of day 2, 24 hours haven't passed thus that person is not recorded as a unique.

Another way it could happen is if Fabulous only considers an impression unique is if the person spends at least 3, 5 or 10 seconds on the page.

These above are common, more complicated interpretations of 'uniques' by different websites as I see them besides the regular different ip intepretation in the period of time looked upon.

skylight

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hmm....how to view the domain at Fabulous internally?
I have some domains park at Fabulous, they get 5 - 10 impressions daily but got 0 unique. I am not sure what it means. And from my webalizer stats before i park at Fabulous, they got more than 10 visitors daily...

yonimlm

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe it means that Fabulous does have a minimum number of secs before each viewer is counted as unique. Sort of quality control feature.

skylight said:
hmm....how to view the domain at Fabulous internally?
I have some domains park at Fabulous, they get 5 - 10 impressions daily but got 0 unique. I am not sure what it means. And from my webalizer stats before i park at Fabulous, they got more than 10 visitors daily...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom