Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Improve Sedo, Win prizes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SedoCoUk

Sedo is giving away three individual tickets to the Domain Round Table Conference in Seattle!
All you need to do is send us an email to [email protected] with three suggestions on how to improve Sedo's domain marketplace or parking service.
The tickets are worth $795 each and entry to the competition is free, so you've got nothing to lose!
Before you enter, please read all about it at the link below.
Have fun and good luck!

Click here for full test rules

Ed

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
very wise move to get some great feedback!

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Folks, including myself, have made numerous suggestions here - including some just today that seemingly have been ignored.

Please enter my various posts here into your contest; I've made way over 3 suggestions ... you already have my contact information on file - user name: ron1000

I'm looking forward to receiving my free ticket :)

Ron

timm

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"On or around May 3, 2005, the three (3) best entries will be chosen as winners by the SEDO staff at SEDO’s discretion."

Are the winners chosen?

S

SedoCoUk

Hello there,

The draw has been made and, sadly, some of the winners were delighted with the prize but were not able to get the funds together to get out to Seattle.
So the three confirmed winners and travelers to Seattle are:

BJ Van R from NY, NY
SH from Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
SC from Cumming, Georgia

I haven't put their full names up for their own privacy.

Unfortunately, some of the winners based in Europe were unable to attend, despite having the 'best' entries.

Thanks for all your input, guys. You can all see how we listened to you when designing the new Management Tool, so I hope we can get loads of your ideas implemented.

Ed
Key Account Manager
UK Marketing Associate

SEDO.CO.UK :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites
tel within UK 0871 900 8450 :: fax 0871 900 8451
tel +49 221.420.758.156 :: fax +49 221.420.758.11
tel (US) (877)-349-5902 :: fax (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: http://www.sedo.co.uk

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

ceo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let us know the ideas Ed.
Will be interesting to see what they said.

S

SedoCoUk

Hello people,

Here's a selection of our favourites, including the winners, the winners who couldn't attend the conference and the other suggestions. Feel free to post any more you have on here.

Enjoy.

- Your site needs to have less talk and more graphics. I spent way too much time reading fine print and very little time is left to complete any action.

- Create a "wanted domains" section, where potential buyers can post their needs and budget, will be lot easier for sellers to get in touch with buyers and for buyers to find what they want without having to browse over 1 million names.

- Allow Excel transfer for all pages, not only domain parking.

- Warn users before you kick them off after a certain time limit. I have nearly 700 domains with sedo and went through analyzing and updating about 100 of them today, then lost all the changes because sedo had logged me off without warning.

- Sedo can ask members to suggest interesting titles for new
categories - perhaps by creating a mini contest - maybe the prize can
be a free month for featured listing of one of the members parked
domains.

- Promote the idea of multiple domain name ownership as a competitive
advantage for buyers - *and* for sellers.
Those who find one particular name appealing will be almost
certainly be interested in "companion" names.

- Your "how do I choose a good domain name" page (http://www.sedo.com/services/guide.php4?question=103&language=us) is good, but should be integrated with your domain marketplace. Create a wizard that will allow the user to answer the questions by selecting from drop down menus for country, type of business, keywords, etc. This is similar to many domain registrars "domain spinners", but with a twist -- your wizard should first recommend domains from your marketplace, followed by registered domains that are not in use (i.e., lame delegation domains, or A records that don't resolve), followed finally by unregistered domains.

- I would like to know who's clicking on the domains for sale along with the duration of time for each visit.

timm

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
@Ed:

How many people participated in the contest? In case the number of suggestions were reasonable, will sedo give a short feedback to all suggestions on if they will be considered or why they cannot be considered (eg. too expensive; technically impossible; cant see the point/improvement)?...why not make this one-time contest into a steady dialogue with your customers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom