Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Improvements on sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1. Please don't send an email when the buyers "say" they send the money. I was confused one time when your email said "the buyer send the money by wire transfer". I thought he send them and you got them. I only want to know when you actually have the money. Many buyers might say 10 times they have send the money when in reality they have no intention to do it.
2. Please post on the website the buyer's registrar every time so we don't have to email back and forth to confirm.
3. Also make a rule as to when a transaction is complete when a push is involved. In one case the transaction stayed open after the push for about one month.(money was paid immediatelly after the push) This week the transaction closed on one domain saying whois reflects buyer etc. I looked at whois and it shows sedo as the owner.
4. Please don't send an email to unlock a domain if the domain is already unlocked. It is really easy to check at:
http://registrar.verisign-grs.com/whois/
http://www.internic.net/whois.html
5. Please learn to use whois. I was asked to unlock and send the auth code. I then approved the transfer and send you an email. You said "thanks but did you unlock the domain?". The status of the .biz domain was simply "PENDING TRANSFER".
6. Finally it would be nice to be able to see first AND last offer on transfers and offers.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
There are so much more to be improved that I am glad I've a long relationship with Escrow.com

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agreed ... Afternic escrow works well too.

Sedo makes it way too complicated - escrow should be for the funds only...

Sedo means well by taking possession of the asset, but that's not what an escrow agent (on an aside, the last I checked, Sedo isn't registered as one unlike Escrow.com which is) normally does - and doing so exposes Sedo to additional liability - taking possession of assets is tricky business (what if it's stolen; what if Sedo loses it; etc) and thus not something that Sedo should be doing; unnecessary in most all instances anyways.

Ron

p.s. Sedo- Still waiting on that free domainsponsor ticket for submitting all these suggestions :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
valuenames said:
p.s. Sedo- Still waiting on that free domainsponsor ticket for submitting all these suggestions :)

Don't hold your breath, Ron.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It doesn't hurt to ask though - with all my various posts in here, Sedo may want to meet me in person to discuss a few things LOL!

Ron

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
And I'm still waiting explanation about the security breach of 3 months ago.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo is reportedly giving three tickets away ... the thread starter dvdrip, you, and myself should get them :)

Ron

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not going so the tickets are all yours.
By the way the "contest" requires for an email to be send to sedo, not post here.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I would go, if it were held on a weekend but unfortunately it's during weekdays and I can't just take time off.

But I see your point Ron, Sedo needs to implement free advice before they offer gifts for more of it "competition style".

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom