Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

In Cannes or Vancouver This Weekend? Watch WhiteBark Get Killed - Again and Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Some have wondered why I am selling off websites and domain names and not developing for others any more - I started getting involved in television and movie production/marketing and it is starting to take off and thus robbing me of my domain time.

The first film Bong of the Dead is appearing at Cannes Independent Film Festival today(first show was on the 12th) and has the Canadian premiere tomorrow in Vancouver. This film was shot on only $5000 and then two years in post-production. It is now going into global distribution and hitting film festivals around the world.

Some early reviews - Tommy Chong said - "This is a sure winner!"
Horror mag Rue Morgue says, "Bong of the Dead has cult hit smeared all over it!"

If you like zombies and want to see WhiteBark disemboweled, shot in the head, smashed in the head, and other fun deaths get over to Cannes or be in Vancouver this weekend! :eek:k:

Like movie poster art? http://www.bongofthedead.com/images/poster4-full.jpg

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dude! Congrats! That is so cool. The poster is awesome!

Wish you all the best and great success.

Curious to know...what type of camera(s) where you shooting with? There is a huge push forward by even the traditional hollywood types to use DSLR's capable of shooting full HD.

Seriously, love the poster and love your initiative!

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ya...congratulations Roy. That is no small feat. Where is it being shown in Vancouver? Would love to go...

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Found some clips at Mind In Motion Inc.'s site:

http://www.bongofthedead.com/

When you have your USA premiere, I expect round trip airfare (first class) and 5 star hotel.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Found some clips at Mind In Motion Inc.'s site:

http://www.bongofthedead.com/

When you have your USA premiere, I expect round trip airfare (first class) and 5 star hotel.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

@namefox Tomorrow's Canadian premiere is at 1830 hrs at the Rio Theatre on Broadway. Sucks that the hockey game is same night but as much as we tried to persuade the NHL they wouldn't budge... ;) Not sure how many if any tickets are left but if you want to go you can buy them online via the website BongoftheDead.com there is going to be lots of prizes and giveaways etc.

American dates - there will be various film festivals across America we are just pegging down dates and times. Monday we should find out about the Traverse film festival in Michigan and possible drive-in showing towards the summer.

Raindance will be doing a red carpet affair for the Vancouver date as well. Should be lots of fun!

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Infoproliferati

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Congrats man. Your hard work gets to be shown. That's awesome. Any filmmaking tips for starting folk like me.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Curious to know...what type of camera(s) where you shooting with? There is a huge push forward by even the traditional hollywood types to use DSLR's capable of shooting full HD.

The film was shot in HD on a Sony camera of some sort - sorry don't know the exact model. Some inserts were shot using a 'Red' camera - now that's a movie making machine!

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Congrats man. Your hard work gets to be shown. That's awesome. Any filmmaking tips for starting folk like me.

Thanks! After watching and helping the filmmaker these past couple years I would say perseverance would be the biggest asset one could have. And have fun and stay positive - you never know where your project may land!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom