Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

In need of help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi all, contrary to popular belief, I am still alive. I thank everyone for thier concerns. I will give an update in due time.

But right now, I am in need of some aggressive help, maybe hopefully someone here knows exactly what I am asking help for. Or maybe someone knows someone who knows someone...

I need to reacquire a domain which I have a TM (bet you can guess which one, if you can't just look at my name). Unfortunately, due to some difficult times, a renewal was not done. I do not have the funds to go the court route, so I am hoping (if it was someone here) to help me out reacquiring the domain. Or maybe someone has info that can help me along (whois privacy activated). Please PM me if you can help or you have some info.

I will get more updates as time goes on.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As of right now the domain name whois is not private. Have you attempted to email the new owner? I don't think you'll win a WIPO if you own the TM to the name but yet forget to pay the $8 renewal.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think you'll win a WIPO if you own the TM to the name but yet forget to pay the $8 renewal.

I wouldn't think that dropping it would have any bearing on a wipo hearing. The material fact of owning the TM would outweigh it IMO.

flamewalker

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, it did have whois privacy for about a month, but does not seem to anymore. Try contacting them?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Contrary to popular belief, having the tm and challenging ownership at the WIPO stands good chance of getting the domain back, regardless of the drop.

Mediamarket

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I caught one that that the owner didn't mean to let expire and it wasn't trademarked but it was in use by the company. I gave it back for my backorder cost.

Contrary to popular belief many (ok some) domainers do the right thing vs. exorted the most money they can, just because they can. So maybe settling with the owner by paying him a small amount for time and hassle as a first option will work.

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...I need to reacquire a domain which I have a TM (bet you can guess which one, if you can't just look at my name)...

Where is this TM registered, because it isnt listed as a US TM at all?

EnricoSchaefer

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Acro is right. Dropping a domain has no effect on your superior trademark rights. A notice letter asking for he domain to be returned, and asserting your trademark rights would be the first step. Acros is right again Ding Ding! :)Definitely get a voluntary transfer if you can .....

Also, common law rights will do. You don't need to be registered ....

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wait for one more year and i am sure that person will drop it and you go and register again

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom