Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

"Inactive" without warning at Domainhop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I keep around a few domains just for testing various PPC providers and getting a practical feel for some of the issues that my clients confront.

Signed up for domainhop... pointed the nameservers at them.... added the domains to my account.... and then domainhop renders the account and the domains "inactive" with not so much as an explanation or note of any kind as to why.

Is this typical domainhop behavior?

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i've been with domainhop from day 1 and i never had any problems really.. so, they didn't even e-mail you or anything?

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any news on this John?

-netPH-

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jberryhill said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I keep around a few domains just for testing various PPC providers and getting a practical feel for some of the issues that my clients confront.

Signed up for domainhop... pointed the nameservers at them.... added the domains to my account.... and then domainhop renders the account and the domains "inactive" with not so much as an explanation or note of any kind as to why.

Is this typical domainhop behavior?
Yes, it seems already "normal" to them. I've also experienced that "inactive" account before without doing anything against their TOS... DH owes me around $1,200+.

markits

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I opened an account yesterday and parked a high traffic domain (10k+ daily uniques) and one hour ago I checked the stats revenue is about $40. Minutes ago I noticed my account become inactive, no warning whatever. I have sent an email asking the reason, hopefully will get an answer from them.

Received two emails from domainhop, the first one saying my domain proceed and accepted an the second one saying the domain is under review.

superduper

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me, opened a new account yesterday, set up two domains and today the acccount is inactive.

Don't understand why.

Anyone with some insight please post any information here.

Thx

markits

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My account is active now.

I received an email from them explaining that my account was inactive due to one of my domains receives high traffic without propotional clicks and they need to review the traffic source.

JFK

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have experienced the same. My account has been inactive for months. They told me they are reviewing my domains due to unusual high traffic, but never got back to me since. I am thinking of moving my domains elsewhere now!

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It shows my account inactive and they did not even send a email telling the reason for it..

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow, all this accounts getting shut down.. this is pretty bad! something is not right :huh:

Carloz

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had a name with small type in traffic but a click trough ratio of about 80% with domainhop. This name is now inactive..

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Today, I got paid for the first and last time from Domainhop . Better move those domains elsewhere...

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Never had a problem with them.
1 year service and over 50 names with them.
I will keep an eye on Domainhop a bit closer in the coming days.
Thanks for sharing your experiences.

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I registered domainhopsucks.com .. soon it will online.. They never replied back for my account inactivity..

GSA

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol

domainhopsucks.com

what a laug i haved when i read this

lol

jimbaggs

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Carloz said:
I had a name with small type in traffic but a click trough ratio of about 80% with domainhop. This name is now inactive..

after hearing this bad news about DH i dont think i want to even bother giving them a test.

TrafficMonsterRRR

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My accunt at DH has been inactive for over a month now. No email, no explanation. Small traffic names. My thought was that traffic wasn't high enough to meet their service req? (?) Not sure...

Trying dnforum's own parkingsite.com now ;-)

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had a similar story as well. Opened an account, it got closed without even an e-mail, I later got an e-mail requesting me to log-in an update one of my domains.

JFK

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fab said:
I have had a similar story as well. Opened an account, it got closed without even an e-mail, I later got an e-mail requesting me to log-in an update one of my domains.

Mine has been inactivated for months. No response to my emails at all! A few of my domains were doing very well, but I guess I won't get paid for the past many months due to inactivation of my account. Think I am moving out. Any good recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom