Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Incorporating

Status
Not open for further replies.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just wondering. As it costs $325 plus legal fees to even start registering a trademark, would it be wise to just incorporate good names? I would think that would prove indication of legal business use, would it not? It's a whole lot less money to incorporate than get a tm for hundreds of domains. Of course, then you'd have to file annually, and pay corp taxes, etc..

Thoughts?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Incorporating in Florida costs $150 and every year thereafter (it was $50 until last year). You can always incorporate and include any number of domains as corporate assets, however that does not necessarily protect you from any future UDRP.

D

Deleted member 5660

a company name is not necessarily a Trademark. A state TM is not the same as a federal one. It is all very complicated and it is worth spending money on legal advice before spending it on applications.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
a company name is not necessarily a Trademark. A state TM is not the same as a federal one. It is all very complicated and it is worth spending money on legal advice before spending it on applications.

Yes, the more I read about it, the less I like it :)

TM's appear to be the best for long term protection pricewise, yes.

Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom