Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Increase Avatar size to 100K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Things are set the way they are for a reason...should we change the forum color to bat logo's too for you? :confused:

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would prefer a Mocus™ theme myself.... ;)

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guys whats wrong with changing the avatar size lol it wont effect the forums layout or anything i think he is trying to upload an animated gif and the size of that gif is larger than 100kb

Poohnix

Lost @Space
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guys whats wrong with changing the avatar size lol it wont effect the forums layout or anything i think he is trying to upload an animated gif and the size of that gif is larger than 100kb

Because if people were using that kind of huge avatars, loading a page with 20 posts would mean downloading 2 Megabytes in avatars alone. It would cause the forum to be very slow for users who doesn't have very high bandwidth, and increase the load on the forum servers considerably.

I don't know why *any* picture that size *ever* would need to be over 25K. But perhaps that's because I started making web sites in the era of 14.4 K modems, and 28.8K was considered very fast when it arrived... At that time you tried to keep pictures below 10K, and not more than two pictures on a page.

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I actually browse the net with my 44k dialup and i don't have any problems browsing forums which have 100k limit for avatars obviously not everyone is going to use a 100k avatar , and most of the members here use broadband so i guess they wont notice the difference

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
can you Increase Avatar size to 100K ... you current size is not allowing me to choose any avatar i want...

PLZ n THNX

why

so you can post more silly images on the forum?

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I actually browse the net with my 44k dialup and i don't have any problems browsing forums which have 100k limit for avatars obviously not everyone is going to use a 100k avatar , and most of the members here use broadband so i guess they wont notice the difference

Imagine the increase in bandwidth charges a month.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Because if people were using that kind of huge avatars, loading a page with 20 posts would mean downloading 2 Megabytes in avatars alone. It would cause the forum to be very slow for users who doesn't have very high bandwidth, and increase the load on the forum servers considerably.

I don't know why *any* picture that size *ever* would need to be over 25K. But perhaps that's because I started making web sites in the era of 14.4 K modems, and 28.8K was considered very fast when it arrived... At that time you tried to keep pictures below 10K, and not more than two pictures on a page.

You can go to your Control Panel and uncheck the boxes that display avatars, signatures etc.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:pop2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom