Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Increase in closed threads by Moderators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have recently seen an increase in closing of sales threads due to people not following DNF rules. I like what Im seeing. Restore order, this is a place of business for anyone that posts here. Its time that it gets treated as such.

keep it up.

Upvote 0

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I report about 10 posts a day for the usual breaking of rules, e.g. no domains in title or pure thread bumps. They were left hanging for several days. Apparently Polish "polished" lots of outstanding tickets in zero time :D

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeah, but there seems to be some people that can constantly flaunt the rules without recourse, such as commenting in sales threads

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Make moderators aware of it then. They cant be everywhere all the time. This site receives several thousands of posts a day, its just not possible for a handfull of people to view and monitor everyones posts. If you see someone that is problematic then bring it to their attention.

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
there was one- it looked like dnforun blocked out his title for some reason- and his post got closed- it didnt seem like it was his fault tho- he said in the thread dn did ********** in his title, and it was just closed-

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
yeah, but there seems to be some people that can constantly flaunt the rules without recourse, such as commenting in sales threads

There are also these that misrepresent information in order to make a sale e.g. Halflife vs. the correct Half-Life.

there was one- it looked like dnforun blocked out his title for some reason- and his post got closed- it didnt seem like it was his fault tho- he said in the thread dn did ********** in his title, and it was just closed-

I mentioned this to POLiSH and we shall see.

POLiSH

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Was able to change title to: Domain name forums.net and re-opened

There are also these that misrepresent information in order to make a sale e.g. Halflife vs. the correct Half-Life.

I mentioned this to POLiSH and we shall see.

I report about 10 posts a day for the usual breaking of rules, e.g. no domains in title or pure thread bumps. They were left hanging for several days. Apparently Polish "polished" lots of outstanding tickets in zero time

;)

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
oh good polish! i agree with all your doin, that one looked like it wasnt his fault tho- thanks :)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have recently seen an increase in closing of sales threads due to people not following DNF rules. I like what Im seeing. Restore order, this is a place of business for anyone that posts here. Its time that it gets treated as such.

keep it up.

wanna see some of the pm's I've gotten because I closed a sales thread?

ranging from "you know me, you coulda put the name in the title for me".

to

"I paid good money to post on this forum, I demand you re-open my thread now!"

and all the other stuff in between!

But Thanks for appreciating some of what we do

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We have all paid to be a part of this forum, including the moderators. For those that are here to conduct business, that abide by the rules, its only fair that we get the same in return. Wither you have been here for 5 days, or 5 years. The rules arnt made to make things harder on people, they are made to make business more productive and easier. The rules that are inforced today, will make the forum stronger, more professional and more respected tomorrow. So yes, I stand behind it all and appreciate all you do. Seriously, keep it up. This forum will soon see the light it saw before.

kwok

Verified Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good call, A! and thanks to the moderators for their good works.

We have all paid to be a part of this forum, including the moderators. For those that are here to conduct business, that abide by the rules, its only fair that we get the same in return. Wither you have been here for 5 days, or 5 years. The rules arnt made to make things harder on people, they are made to make business more productive and easier. The rules that are inforced today, will make the forum stronger, more professional and more respected tomorrow. So yes, I stand behind it all and appreciate all you do. Seriously, keep it up. This forum will soon see the light it saw before.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
When it comes down to patience, biggedon is legendary :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom