Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Incredible significant negative

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has everyone heard about this amazing new GD policy? Is it even true?

If this policy is really in full force and effect, I suspect (but hope not) it will also apply to Wild West. Seems like a major negative of using them and is really surprising they would impose it.

Some domainers at the forums have reg'd hundreds or even thousands of names there at special offer prices, mostly biz and us, so this is an incredibly significant negative for them.

What is everyone's opinion on this? Has anyone verified it to be so or is it a bad joke perhaps?

-----------------------------

24. provisions specific to ONE-YEAR .BIZ, .INFO, AND .US registrations. If You are registering a .INFO or .BIZ or .US domain name and You elect to take advantage of special pricing applicable to one-year registrations, Go Daddy will automatically renew Your domain for an additional one-year period at the end of the first year term by taking payment from the Payment Method you have on file, unless You notify Go Daddy that You do not wish to renew. You will be notified and given the opportunity to accept or decline the one-year renewal prior to Your domain name expiration date. In the event You decide not to renew Your one-year .info or .biz or .us domain name for a second year, Your domain name registration will automatically revert back to Go Daddy and Go Daddy will gain full rights of registration to such domain name.

You agree that if You delete or Transfer Your .INFO or .BIZ or .US domain name during the first year, You will automatically be charged the second year renewal fees.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why not ask GD & WWD to verify that? :)

If that email's true, then it should be a heavy consideration when having many
domain names with either one.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
davezan1 said:
Why not ask GD & WWD to verify that? :) If that email's true, then it should be a heavy consideration when having many domain names with either one.

I intend to ask them when I get around to calling them about all my failed transfers. A well known forum member sent me a PM saying he believes it was an old policy from a couple yrs ago and not applicable on recent registrations, (i.e. when GD reg'd the name for 2 yrs but allowed you to order just a 1 yr term). which is entirely possible.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, that clause is NOT new. But when it comes to *policies*, I won't place my bet on GoDaddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom