Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

INFO-Domains unsought ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddi

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm new at DNF, so sorry, if this question was already posted ago : How is the demand for INFO-domains by the members generally and especially at the auctions.
What do you think about the value of for example legist.info, hypothec.info, addon.info !? Thanks for your opinion.

Diddi

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Sharpy,

and what's your personally opinion about this info-domains ?
Did you ever sold or bought an info-domain here ?

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi Diddi ... I'm not really a big ".INFO" fan, myself ... though others here would disagree. I think Sharpy gave you some good advice. I saw some of the domains you mentioned in last night's auction, and in my opinion, and I believe reinforced by "no bids" is that they were all priced too high ... for .INFO's of this quality ... in the general $250 - $400+ range. I don't think we're near there yet. Hope this helps.
Good Luck.
PS. Why don't you list some of them for a Starting bid of $1.00 in Sunday's auction (3/30) ... to see what the true market is for them. Proll'y the best indicator, really.

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
personally I don't like .info one bit

Doesn't fit with most names, 4 letters instead of 3.

.us is MUCH better IMHO

Diddi

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all for the first responses. This and many other discussions at DNF display less interest in INFO-Domains. But maybe are the members mostly active in the american market.
Global should be more demand !?

(Is a statistic available about the nationality of the members, at least how many are non-us, european etc. ? )

M

mole

Originally posted by Diddi
(Is a statistic available about the nationality of the members, at least how many are non-us, european etc. ? )

Some old stuff from the Afilias board (19 Nov 2002), but this should give you some indication...

From the beginning, .INFO's registrations have been a dramatic counterpoint to the trends in .COM, .NET and .ORG, which have found their home in North American markets. The majority of .INFO registrations are from Europe at close to 52% with the next closest market being North America, which accounts for 39%. Asia-Pacific accounts for about 7% and Africa and Latin America account for 1% each. In addition, .INFO has bucked the trend of leading registrars -- with Germany's Schlund + Partner outpacing VeriSign for the number one registrar slot. GoDaddy remains fifth (and growing) for .INFO business, and it is also fifth globally for combined .COM, .NET, .ORG, .BIZ, .INFO, and .NAME (according to www.registrarstats.com).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom